Corente Insurance Lead Program

Re: Corente Insurance Lead Program-Stay Away

I agree... good guy, good staff and company. I posted back in May that I had "lukewarm" results with the leads, but to be fair, I had a family member that was very ill during that same time and truthfully, probably let some of the leads go cold. But I still was successful at turning a very nice profit with Mike's Mortgage Protection leads generated by mailing with first class postage... not bulk.

I have not purchased any more leads since because I have transitioned myself to the IH market. But, once this sour housing market turns the corner, may give it another go.

Al D.

Corente has a great training program, but you must listen and learn! The insurance sales business is not "instant pudding", but one that needs constant stirring and cooking to produce the end result!

Can you explain what kind of training they provide? Or is that forbidden, not word for word but, is it like the training of NAA or describe the script you use for calling and interview of the client?

Selling mortgage protection is like going out to the store to get bread and cheese and meat and mayo to make a sandwich, and getting home with only the mayo.

Selling mortgage protection is like going out to the store to get bread and cheese and meat and mayo to make a sandwich, and getting home with only the mayo.

$@$%, I knew I forgot something. Good analogy. I'm not a big fan of the mortgage protection approach to selling, although I do see the angle of getting an appointment. The issue lies with people who think that being an expert in life insurance means, "Ok, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, your house is worth $500,000 so you should get $500,000 in life insurance in case one of you should pass away."

Can you explain what kind of training they provide? Or is that forbidden, not word for word but, is it like the training of NAA or describe the script you use for calling and interview of the client?

NAA has training???? Script? Some may use one but I don't think it is a necessity. I rely on my sales experience, treating my clients honestly, and my charming sense of humor :) As for training, they offer one on one, group, and are available when you call and need to ask for help. They are a great group. The success of any opportunity depends on the individuals ability to dedicate themselves to their cause and to those of whom they serve.
Also No Whining Allowed :D

For me personally, I used the MP leads exactly for the door opener that JR described, never sold the higher premium no exam ripoff products and except for learning the actual insurance products themselves from each company, what training would you really need unless you are new to "Sales" in general? Product knowledge is king.

Besides, the agents that went in and sold the simplified issue, higher premium products ended up having their lunch handed to them.

"Ok, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, your house is worth $500,000 so you should get $500,000 in life insurance in case one of you should pass away."

That about sums it up JR... except for "Do you want that with or without ROP?"... but the cross selling for me was strong.

Personally, I find the IH market more rewarding now...

Al D.

For me personally, I used the MP leads exactly for the door opener that JR described, never sold the higher premium no exam ripoff products and except for learning the actual insurance products themselves from each company, what training would you really need unless you are new to "Sales" in general? Product knowledge is king.

Besides, the agents that went in and sold the simplified issue, higher premium products ended up having their lunch handed to them.

"Ok, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, your house is worth $500,000 so you should get $500,000 in life insurance in case one of you should pass away."

That about sums it up JR... except for "Do you want that with or without ROP?"... but the cross selling for me was strong.

Personally, I find the IH market more rewarding now...

Al D.

Some very good points. I'm a fan of ROP myself. I don't have any issue with somebody who understands the different life products available to consumers and explains the options.

Personally I think that might be overstating the issue. In reality most don't put all their eggs in one basket. In fact, looking at the foundation of Term insurance itself, I would suggest it makes perfect sense for a person to take out a seperate policy on their likely largest asset/liability. I don't see a problem with usage of term insurance in such a manner.

A friend of mine did ROP MPI for about a year. He got sick of the leads being cherry picked and driving around "the hood" trying to sell policies to people that either didn't qualify or though $20/mo was too high.

He also was getting 9 month advances and had a ton of charge backs. Cigarettes and beer are 10X more important than life insurance.

The tactics he was taught were a very hard emotional and fear based sale. I heard the pitch and I immediately thought "what *** would buy this?"...

When you got down to the actual product, you could get a flat term policy for 1/2 the price or less. I guess MPI in just another spin, since the reality is no one wants to buy life insurance unless you twist their arm.

It was not Corente , but I have heard rumors of lead cherry picking and lead cost too high.

I am sure there are legit agents selling MPI, but there are no shortage of characters either... Ohhh wait this is insurance, no shortage of characters anywhere...

You need to be an experienced and actually a working agent to have success with the leads under this program. The leads are awesome if you listen and use the training Corente gives out. I've had great success with Corente leads thus far, but I listened and used what Corente taught.

everyone has their own experiences, I thought the training was useful but it doesn't help when people cancel appointments, are uninsurable, or they give you phone numbers that are disconnected, all of which happened to me.

Back