Could I get hired? Juvenile Sex Offender issue from 12 years ago.

I agree, but I wanted to correct Tom. He wasn't 14. You're right, he did say that nothing happened, but there was some nakedness going on. That leaves a lot to the imagination.:eek:

I suppose that his step parent came home and caught him and his step sister naked in the tub together and called the cops. :wideeyed:

If that had happened in Kentucky, nobody would've thought twice about it. :nah:

Oh, I have a strong feeling that more than that was going on. I'm guessing the girl's parent is the one that called, may have been the end of that marriage.

It was stupid, but its done. Give him a chance to turn his life around and it will still always follow him.

The particulars of what happened 12 years ago are not the issue here.

No matter how the media may portray the insurance industry, we are in the business of trust. That's what carriers, banks, and investment firms all know... and we have to be worthy of that trust to enjoy the opportunities that this profession can afford for us.

I checked out the FINRA U-4 form (see page 12) and section 14a paragraph b simply asked if you were ever charged with a felony. That means no time limit. Everything else talks about "white collar" crime and financial disclosures.

I've seen a lot of people's FINRA pages and when there are disclosures, they are usually technical in nature, bankrupcy disclosures, or other consumer complaints. I once had a manager who was CHARGED with robbery, pleaded not guilty, and the case was dismissed with no charges.

Quite frankly, this entire situation is unique primarily because of a criminal background check where this *might* show up. We'll just have to see.

Another idea is to apply to work at a bank. Apply to be a teller, CSR, banker, whatever. If you can pass and be employed by a bank where you're handling CASH... and families come to visit... I think you'd be okay. Plus, you could sell insurance at the bank if you're in the right position. (The compensation would stink, but you could do it.)

Go back and read his riginal post again Tom. He said he was 16 and she was 12. Does that change your opinion?

After speaking with him - he was 14 y/o when it happened and by the time it was all settled he was 16 y/o.

I'd beat my kids ass for doing it. But - he paid his dues, learned and is ready to be a responsible citizen.

I agree, but I wanted to correct Tom. He wasn't 14. You're right, he did say that nothing happened, but there was some nakedness going on. That leaves a lot to the imagination.:eek:

I suppose that his step parent came home and caught him and his step sister naked in the tub together and called the cops. :wideeyed:

I had a nice conversation with X and he's going to be just fine. Test, License, E&O, Appointments and then make some sales and get life back on track . . .

Since he was adjudicated and used first offender - he can honestly answer NO to a felony question . . .

After speaking with him - he was 14 y/o when it happened and by the time it was all settled he was 16 y/o.

I'd beat my kids ass for doing it. But - he paid his dues, learned and is ready to be a responsible citizen.
"Oh I see, no. At home, was a step sister. she was 12 I was 16 if that helps."<<His words from Poast #20.

Tommy C only believes what he wants to. Such as how one life america told him earth was flat.

And how Rob told him NO One could do telesales with Settlers life

In Kentucky, there is a very common saying when one person breaks up with another

"I'm sorry, it's been fun, but I'm going to have to break up with you. I don't think I can date or sleep with you any more. Don't worry, we can still be cousins"
I believe they have grandpa daddies there. :shocked:

Back