Critique My Telemarketing Script Please

I think we been over this before but, it seems like some just want to continue with this BS. Health is in fact the lowest paying of all.

The average Term on a middle age person, 40 yr's and standard plus for 500 grand is around $750, base on 100% contract that is $750 (gee I'm good at math!). Now how many health sales would it take to match that? According to this person's own words his last sale he boasted about with the CPA that called him, (Golden Rule - $222/month. 'Nuff said.) base on 20% would equal $44.40 cents or $532.80, maybe more if you have a better contract. Sale for sale its hard to spend so much to make so little as in the health sale.

Now is the above sales average? I doubt it (the health sale is on a 53 yr old), I would think with any sales ability one can easily increase the life sale as in higher benefit or a better product such as WL or UL. I don't see how you increase the health sale though? Oh yea, the cross sale yet, it works both ways. Most life producers don't waste their time trying to cross sell health though, obvious reasons!

B.S. James? Ok, let's break it down.

I wrote and placed 168 individual major medical health cases in 2007. Average annual premium $3,677. Average FYC $735.

How many life cases did you place?

In addition, I used the health sales to place 30 life cases (all term). Average annual premium of $378. Average FYC of $321. Never left my house.

But wait...there's more!

16 DI cases with an average annual premium of $2,864. Average FYC $1,575.

Tell us what you did?

I don't know if you boys up in Tennessee are still using abacus' or not, but the health sales lead to all the others. Maybe you need to re-jigger your math.

I think we been over this before but, it seems like some just want to continue with this BS. Health is in fact the lowest paying of all.

The average Term on a middle age person, 40 yr's and standard plus for 500 grand is around $750, base on 100% contract that is $750 (gee I'm good at math!). Now how many health sales would it take to match that? According to this person's own words his last sale he boasted about with the CPA that called him, (Golden Rule - $222/month. 'Nuff said.) base on 20% would equal $44.40 cents or $532.80, maybe more if you have a better contract. Sale for sale its hard to spend so much to make so little as in the health sale.

Now is the above sales average? I doubt it (the health sale is on a 53 yr old), I would think with any sales ability one can easily increase the life sale as in higher benefit or a better product such as WL or UL. I don't see how you increase the health sale though? Oh yea, the cross sale yet, it works both ways. Most life producers don't waste their time trying to cross sell health though, obvious reasons!

Health BS?

Here's my BS for this week

$733 X 12 = $8,796 X 25% = $2,199
$458 X 12 = $5,496 X 25% = $1,374
Total = $3,573

Not bad for Tuesday. How's your week shaping up?

assurant1hp1.jpg

assurant2xr5.jpg

Nancy,

This script is a great cure for insomnia...yawn...

If you don't want to learn health insurance, you've got a tough road to hoe. Sounds like you're lookin' for something you can ram home in about 20 minutes. That ain't gonna happen!

Try this: leave OUT the word insurance initially. It just shuts 'em down.

Hi, this is Nancy Pants, I specialize in ______________ (a concept of how the insurance is USED.)

Are you aware of the three biggest mistakes people make when buying this type of coverage?

The goal is only to get a conversation started.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not trying to ram anything home..........

I just want a method that will actually produce results that are realistic, repeatable, and have a positive outcome for the client, as well as myself.

I am trying to learn as much as I can, although Insurance in general has the steepest learning curve ever.

I am one of those people that believe when you focus on something you get better results. You know the Jack-of-all trades line so I won't put it here.

B.S. James? Ok, let's break it down.

I wrote and placed 168 individual major medical health cases in 2007. Average annual premium $3,677. Average FYC $735.

How many life cases did you place?

In addition, I used the health sales to place 30 life cases (all term). Average annual premium of $378. Average FYC of $321. Never left my house.

But wait...there's more!

16 DI cases with an average annual premium of $2,864. Average FYC $1,575.

Tell us what you did?

I don't know if you boys up in Tennessee are still using abacus' or not, but the health sales lead to all the others. Maybe you need to re-jigger your math.

I know when we go back it is this or that. Yet I used what you posted as in the $222 a month on a 53 yr old and use what any new agent would likely get, 20% on commission.

My average last year on average was right at $2,000 (per client), right at 80% using WL/Term and DI. That is using very limited products and carriers, everything is simple and straight forward.

Health BS?

Here's my BS for this week

$733 X 12 = $8,796 X 25% = $2,199
$458 X 12 = $5,496 X 25% = $1,374
Total = $3,573

Not bad for Tuesday. How's your week shaping up?

John, it was clear what I wrote, the claim that Health pays better then Life, that is BS.

Oh my, the defensive nature of the health producers on this board?:D

Well that's an odd way to put it. Life "pays" better than health at 100% commission as opposed to 20% or 25%.

However, I can MAKE much more selling health then life. It's much easier to market, easier to close and quicker underwriting.

ps: cold calling doesn't work.

I think you are misunderstanding me. I am not trying to ram anything home..........

I just want a method that will actually produce results that are realistic, repeatable, and have a positive outcome for the client, as well as myself.

I am trying to learn as much as I can, although Insurance in general has the steepest learning curve ever.

I am one of those people that believe when you focus on something you get better results. You know the Jack-of-all trades line so I won't put it here.

Exactly what market are you going after? I know you are interested in selling life but exactly to whom? Individuals, businesses, self employed etc etc.. Here is one simple thing to do, write a flyer that resembles something of this nature or simply call him up and he can do it for ya at a cost of course!

http://themurrayinstitute.com/Fidelity Rate Flyer.pdf or visit his site at Life insurance agents recruit life insurance agents marketing life insurance selling life insurance

If you are out to sell term, this is the guy that has sold more then any other person out there.

Last edited:
Well that's an odd way to put it. Life "pays" better than health at 100% commission as opposed to 20% or 25%.

However, I can MAKE much more selling health then life. It's much easier to market, easier to close and quicker underwriting.

ps: cold calling doesn't work.

No it is not easier to market. It is no easier to close and the underwriting is no more difficult for me then you! Okay, the wait might be a tad more if a physical is needed. Cold Calling does work if you don't try to sell while cold calling.

Exactly what market are you going after? I know you are interested in selling life but exactly to whom? Individuals, businesses, self employed etc etc.. Here is one simple thing to do, write a flyer that resembles something of this nature or simply call him up and he can do it for ya at a cost of course!

http://themurrayinstitute.com/Fidelity Rate Flyer.pdf or visit his site at Life insurance agents recruit life insurance agents marketing life insurance selling life insurance

If you are out to sell term, this is the guy that has sold more then any other person out there.

Basically I don't know. I tend to lean towards small business owners, self employed.

I really like the flyer

I was playing with the cold calling remark. Cold calling absolutely works and works quite well. That doesn't means it's everyone's cup of tea.

One think life has over health is everyone is a prospect.

Back