D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Knocked on 384 different doors this week(total 535 knocks including go backs), had 212 contacts, generated 107 leads, set 24 appointments (I developed a new system for scheduling that has made an immense difference) saw 17 1st appointments and 9 2nd appointments for a total of 11 life applications and 3 LTC, total annualized premiums coming to a total of 16,209 Life and 4796.50 LTC. 7 Life with Ohio National on a 90% commission; 4 Life with Penn Mutual on a 90% commission, and all 3 LTC are with Mutual of Omaha at 65%. Total commission post UW should be around 17,000 (3 of them are pretty fat so who the **** knows realistically, maybe 10 grand if they get rated and want their wives to be homeless instead of shelling out)

All in all, worst week of my life. It's been 120 the last 3 days and the street in Mesa I was knocking on literally had a melted mailbox post. God I hate the summer.

New appointment scheduling method!!!! I schedule myself like an alarm technician and offer them a 2 hour window so if they don't show I go right to the next, circle back around after, or move on to the third if need be. Gives me 13 flexible time slots per day, and I've started telling them to just have their medicine on the kitchen table when I get there. These 2 changes have made this so much easier to manage. Now I stack 1st appointments MTuWed, closers on Friday and Sunday evenings, and knock every time I'm getting stood up. And I just hired an appointment setter who has access to my calendar for calling people I just met. As far as presentation: I've just started showing the exact same dollar amounts for premium on both Ohio National and Penn Mutual, explaining how direct/non direct recognition work, and ask them which makes the most sense for them. Nobody has shown interest in IULs yet, but I probably just don't know how to explain that vs reg UL vs VUL in a concise enough manner that people want it. Inevitably they want the WL policies, which is good. Literally sold 0 term this week. Mainly because they all have massive 30 year policies (real **** ones too, saw 4 primerica policies) they're halfway into. There's the accountability, and in the spirit of full disclosure, there's no way I'm knocking again until Monday. Forget all this summer BS

Since I'm using Spotio anyways, I just show them the checkboxes I input on the app and put in the info. It's much easier without having to carry an extra 50 pieces of paper. And I've started mailing a post card card the day I get the lead, people seem to like that.

I was going to fire up a new thread but this one can be added to with other stories, it's a 5-Star thread and the WhirleyBird deserves a medal, even if some of the story is exaggerated(which I don't believe it is) it still inspires me every time I open it up and start reading it. I enjoy the fact WB is doing this in a lower-middle income area which to me sounds like a lot of hardworking teachers and people in that income range.

I want to share a story about a gal who works for a restoration company which if you have a P&C Lic and work in an agency with a handful or more P&C agents, you are going to get visits from many of these companies. We have one we work with and the gal brought in lunch yesterday, most just eat n run, perhaps listen to her for a few minutes. We refer claims or property damage to these folks.

I have a bite of lunch or whatever was brought in from Panera Bread and I waited for the room to clear out mostly and I started asking this wonderful young lady how her career got going. Turns out she worked for the owner's wife(Restoration Co) babysitting some 10 years ago. This young lady is by any account an attractive young lady, she also is a devout and open Christian which for me makes it hard to focus on her looks, she is a college graduate and a smart person so I am asking myself what can I learn from her?

-I ask her to tell me about her journey. Focus in on how she got to where she is at, was it all the good looks? Turns out she trained for 2 weeks solid with a person who knew what they were doing. This sales lady told me she visited about 10 offices a day at least 3-4 days a week and did that for quite a period of time, she has been with this company we use for about 18 months which isn't all that long.

I could tell you she is welcomed into these offices because she is blonde and young and has gorgeous blue eyes and she is tan(very cynical view/approach)...but I've lived in Florida and California my whole life, 6 foot blondes grow on palm trees in these places, it's not that unique. And looks will only get you so far, in the mortgage world I came from we rarely gave true business to a salesperson based on looks. Yes, maybe they could get the door open a little more often but in the end when it comes down to people who make real commissions and money, you need to have a lot more than a cute smile.

It was inspiring to me to hear this person tell me 1st hand about the number of offices she entered and how she maticulously went after accounts. She has a great attitude, good personality and yes she is super easy on the eyes. There was a lot to learn about her work ethic and her desire to get after it. I want to surround myself with salespeople/professionals who have this type of can do attitude. It was refreshing and I am going to try and adopt some of what she spoke to me about.

While the thread I started about mortgage shops and loan officers got very little traction, that alone makes me think that many in here either never tried because they were afraid of the rejection or they were afraid of success. I have tried to get a list of as many of them as possible all over my area, we'll see how it develops, hopefully I can add to the thread with some positive posts. Mtg shops are just one area I am looking at, also working small commercial accounts in the retail/wholesale side like medical supplies(Middle Men).

Cheers Everyone!

----------

I wrote all that but the bottom line is what would happen if you visited 10 offices a day? How about just 5? That would still be about 100 offices a month, be it Professional Network like Mortgage/Attorneys or Commercial, nothing but amazing things can happen if you expand what you are currently doing.

I have this little donut shop near where I live, they have a few locations now, sure I'd love to write their business but their actual donut kicks DDs butt. The donuts are twice the size of a regular one you get at numerous other places and ties right in to my "Small Business Expert" theme. If you preach small commercial then you better know what's good in the small independent world, right?

I have found these dounts leave a lasting impression, you show up a 2nd time the next month with them in hand, you probably will start getting some phone calls. Ask yourself if it is better to see the same 50 each month for about 3-4 months or is it better to shotgun blast 250-500 over the same period of time?
Get out there, churn it up, just do something positive so you don't feel like a guilty scrub later.

Cheers!

I currently work full-time on a regular job. I will be selling insurance and recruiting agents to help me after work. Today, I started going door-to-door with a finance survey for clients to fill-out. The goal is to write 100 policies by the end of the year. I will accomplish this goal by knocking on doors and by dialing for dollars.

Here are today's results after spending one hour and thirty minutes in the field. There was a total of 18 door knocks, ten no contacts, four not interested, three appointments, and one lead.

Question: Are you knocking on homeowner's doors or commercial locations/small business?

I currently work full-time on a regular job. I will be selling insurance and recruiting agents to help me after work. Today, I started going door-to-door with a finance survey for clients to fill-out. The goal is to write 100 policies by the end of the year. I will accomplish this goal by knocking on doors and by dialing for dollars.

Here are today's results after spending one hour and thirty minutes in the field. There was a total of 18 door knocks, ten no contacts, four not interested, three appointments, and one lead.

Why are you recruiting if you haven't even committed to this as a full time career yourself?

----------

Also, in 90 minutes you should knock waaaay more than 18 doors if you only talk to 8 people.

That's an average of 5 minutes per door, or 10 per door that you talk to. Save the flash for the appointments, as all of the not interested people will let you know in the 1st minute.

Just finished up on the vacation heading back out onto doors tomorrow. Instead of a new area I'm reknocking where I was 12 weeks ago because this a relationship business. Going to start calling my follow up list from the area for appointment setting. Also, for Bobby and some of the messages I've gotten; do yourself and clients a favor and stay away from all of the MLM companies. You get paid more working as an agent than a recruiter. Those companies don't offer anywhere near the training you should receive to agree to a 30% contract starting out which is why they recruit from outside our industry. Happy hunting guys.

This thread was an awesome read! Definitely going to be following from now on. Keep up the great work.

Back