D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Dials sucked, like 97 for 22 contacts and 4 appointments ( 18 callbacks so that's not bad) but it felt great to get back on the doors. I went to a completely new area though. Drove 260 miles north to get out of the heat, going to rent a house here until September probably. Knocked 117 doors in 12 hours, 55 contacts, 39 leads and 7 appointments set. None seen, because vacations. Also spent 2 hours calling clients to get referrals in this town, got an extra 19 leads on top of it. Good first day back on doors.

Yes I'm still doing this full time, appointment setter was a tremendous investment. Doing great on that end, I'd post results but they're crazy. I'll hit COT for sure. Seeing 40 appointments per week and still closing about 1/3 of them (post UW) so it's going well. I just reached out to another NYL agent who sucked in person and told her I'd give her a 25% split on any business generated from appointments she set so long as she followed the rules. She also sends the emails and does underwriting follow up too, so all I do now is run appointments and get referrals. I don't think I've knocked more than 500 doors since hiring her now that I've always got 40 on the books. And since she is calling 6 days a week I am always on appointments.

Yes I'm still doing this full time, appointment setter was a tremendous investment. Doing great on that end, I'd post results but they're crazy. I'll hit COT for sure. Seeing 40 appointments per week and still closing about 1/3 of them (post UW) so it's going well. I just reached out to another NYL agent who sucked in person and told her I'd give her a 25% split on any business generated from appointments she set so long as she followed the rules. She also sends the emails and does underwriting follow up too, so all I do now is run appointments and get referrals. I don't think I've knocked more than 500 doors since hiring her now that I've always got 40 on the books. And since she is calling 6 days a week I am always on appointments.

Hey Whirleybird! I sent you a PM if you get a chance to check it and get back to me. Thank you DHK for bringing me here to this thread. WB is definitely an awesome example that I wish to follow in his footsteps. If he can do it I should be able to as well. Thanks guys!

I hope this thread is still alive with interest because what WB has done is nothing short of extraordinary! I am a new agent, been selling for 3 weeks and knocking doors is my main prospecting tactic as an independent agent with no leads budget yet. I don't want to hijack WB's thread (and if you feel like I am please let me know WB) but I am gonna start sharing my weekly stats here as well.

I'll let everyone know I am know where close to having the experience that WB has with knocking doors. But I believe anything is possible if you have the drive and dedication!

I prospect in rural CO mountain towns (maybe not the right areas?) and began knocking from 8:30 am to 11 and then 2 to 4:30. I can get in around 100 plus doors during this time but am having extremely lower interactions then what WB reports. So next week the first thing I am changing is my times to 12-8pm.

My main question though, is it ok to introduce yourself as a Financial Advisor instead of an Insurance Agent if you are planning on selling the prospect insurance?

I feel like as soon as I mention life insurance or that I'm an agent almost everyone immediately discredits that I am there to actually provide a service and help for their family.

Sorry for the rambling post by I have put all my eggs into this life insurance basket and am excited to get things rolling so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Happy selling everyone!

Yes, you can call yourself a financial advisor... IF you are doing more than a features/benefits/price presentation. If you're looking at someone's retirement, college, taxes (now and in retirement), debt load, etc., then you're a financial advisor.

Note that "financial advisor" is NOT a regulated term (in most states). Investment advisor, insurance agent, registered representative are all regulated terms. There are a couple of states where they have ruled that to call yourself a financial advisor/consultant/planner requires a Series 65 - so make sure you check on that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the video clarification DHK! I feel the financial advisor term is a better one to use as it feels more trustworthy in this day then "insurance agent". Especially if your main goal is to help the client get their finances in order to where their family's future is secure.

My pitch as of now goes like "Hi, how are ya? My name is John and I am an insurance agent for a local company called XXX. I am in the neighborhood today sitting down with folks to help them with their insurance needs and questions. I know what you're thinking, "oh no, not another insurance agent". But I'm not here to pressure you into buying anything. I just want to talk about how I can be of service to you and answer any questions you might have. Do you have a quick 5 minutes to sit down and chat?"

To long? Not direct enough? Should I be using a survey or question raffle card like WB has? Any help greatly appreciated!

I will be keeping better stats this week to report but so far from knocking doors the past two weeks I'm around: 500 doors, 150 contacts, 10 leads and 2 seen appointments.

Not great I know but it's a learning process and every door I knock I feel more confident and able!

I hope this thread is still alive with interest because what WB has done is nothing short of extraordinary! I am a new agent, been selling for 3 weeks and knocking doors is my main prospecting tactic as an independent agent with no leads budget yet. I don't want to hijack WB's thread (and if you feel like I am please let me know WB) but I am gonna start sharing my weekly stats here as well.

I'll let everyone know I am know where close to having the experience that WB has with knocking doors. But I believe anything is possible if you have the drive and dedication!

I prospect in rural CO mountain towns (maybe not the right areas?) and began knocking from 8:30 am to 11 and then 2 to 4:30. I can get in around 100 plus doors during this time but am having extremely lower interactions then what WB reports. So next week the first thing I am changing is my times to 12-8pm.

My main question though, is it ok to introduce yourself as a Financial Advisor instead of an Insurance Agent if you are planning on selling the prospect insurance?

I feel like as soon as I mention life insurance or that I'm an agent almost everyone immediately discredits that I am there to actually provide a service and help for their family.

Sorry for the rambling post by I have put all my eggs into this life insurance basket and am excited to get things rolling so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Happy selling everyone!

1. Why the 3 hour break? That's a great time to catch people home.

2. The issue with rural areas is that A VERY HIGH PERCENTAGE HAVE INSANE WORK HOURS. Farmer: dawn to dusk. Trucker: home 3 days a month. Business owners: who knows the hours there. People in the country are known workaholics. I commuted about 45 miles from my town of 20,000 to get to a county with a population of a million. You need numbers, in congested spaces to get contacts. You need contacts to get appointments and appointments to get apps.

3. They only have that perspective on life agents because they don't know what we do, and have only met bad ones.

My introduction: While I have a financial practice, I want you to know that firstly and foremost I am a professional life insurance agent. I am proud of it because unlike most consumers who have a misconception of what this career entails, I know the core function I have. You see, most people think that the job of a life insurance agent is to sell policies.

But the reason I'm in this business is because I know my job is to come to a family, right in the middle of the worst crisis of their life, and offer a bit of hope. Access to money for what matters, bereavement counseling for kids, and most importantly, making sure that the father or mother is able to ensure the dreams they have for their family comes to fruition whether they are around for it or not.

Hands down, my job is to prevent a tragedy from compounding tenfold by adding poverty to the situation.

You will be the only person to tell them that 1. You're proud to be a life insurance agent and 2. That their family matters more to you than whatever policy they buy.

And always offer a policy review. My best client started out with me walking into his restaurant and offering a review. He thought he had a 30 year term but it was a 10, expiring a month later. We became friends, I got the first policy replaced with a 30 year, and then Trump got elected and the market shot up. He called me asking to meet about retiring early as we were friends and he knew about my financial advising, and he wound up rolling over a $2.8 million annuity and another 750,000 in California municipal bonds. Also paid his full 30 year premium in full. Because of the trust that comes from being a client. Build trust fast and often. Nothing matters aside from that. Your knowledge base is for trust. Presentations are to enhance professionalism, which is corporate slang for trust. Don't go for the like. Go for the trust.

I dare anyone who ever reads this thread to get out there with the intention of building some trust with 50 people a day and not write 3-9 apps a week. Referrals will fill your pipeline and money will rain down like a Lil John music video. Not get 50 prospects, build trust.

Last edited:
Very good points there WB. Trust is what I am going to start focusing my effort on communicating to the client.

No real reason for the three hour break other than a pest control salesman told me that's what they did. I've changed my schedule to 12-Dark now and seem to be finding more people home and more willing to talk. The mornings were not good, quite a few people home but all in a rush to work or run errands.

Is your pipeline pretty well full now WB or are you still out there knocking doors?!

Back