D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Discussion in 'Insurance Cold Calling Forum' started by Whirleybird, May 9, 2017.

1. Whirleybird

Whirleybird Well-Known Member

Just finished up on the vacation heading back out onto doors tomorrow. Instead of a new area I'm reknocking where I was 12 weeks ago because this a relationship business. Going to start calling my follow up list from the area for appointment setting. Also, for Bobby and some of the messages I've gotten; do yourself and clients a favor and stay away from all of the MLM companies. You get paid more working as an agent than a recruiter. Those companies don't offer anywhere near the training you should receive to agree to a 30% contract starting out which is why they recruit from outside our industry. Happy hunting guys.

2. Justin Bilyj

Justin Bilyj Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    Let us know how the follow up goes, you might be better off straight door knocking lol!

3. bkatka

bkatka Member

This thread was an awesome read! Definitely going to be following from now on. Keep up the great work.

4. Whirleybird

Dials sucked, like 97 for 22 contacts and 4 appointments ( 18 callbacks so that's not bad) but it felt great to get back on the doors. I went to a completely new area though. Drove 260 miles north to get out of the heat, going to rent a house here until September probably. Knocked 117 doors in 12 hours, 55 contacts, 39 leads and 7 appointments set. None seen, because vacations. Also spent 2 hours calling clients to get referrals in this town, got an extra 19 leads on top of it. Good first day back on doors.

5. AOKING

AOKING Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Whirley bird......you still doing this full time? How are things going?

AO

6. entrep1776

entrep1776 Well-Known Member

Thanks for tip on scheduling 2 hour window & having them get meds on table.

How is having an appointment setter? How did you find them? Details appreciated.

7. Whirleybird

Yes I'm still doing this full time, appointment setter was a tremendous investment. Doing great on that end, I'd post results but they're crazy. I'll hit COT for sure. Seeing 40 appointments per week and still closing about 1/3 of them (post UW) so it's going well. I just reached out to another NYL agent who sucked in person and told her I'd give her a 25% split on any business generated from appointments she set so long as she followed the rules. She also sends the emails and does underwriting follow up too, so all I do now is run appointments and get referrals. I don't think I've knocked more than 500 doors since hiring her now that I've always got 40 on the books. And since she is calling 6 days a week I am always on appointments.

8. jrayservices

jrayservices New Member

Hey Whirleybird! I sent you a PM if you get a chance to check it and get back to me. Thank you DHK for bringing me here to this thread. WB is definitely an awesome example that I wish to follow in his footsteps. If he can do it I should be able to as well. Thanks guys!

9. Griz90

Griz90 Member

I hope this thread is still alive with interest because what WB has done is nothing short of extraordinary! I am a new agent, been selling for 3 weeks and knocking doors is my main prospecting tactic as an independent agent with no leads budget yet. I don't want to hijack WB's thread (and if you feel like I am please let me know WB) but I am gonna start sharing my weekly stats here as well.

I'll let everyone know I am know where close to having the experience that WB has with knocking doors. But I believe anything is possible if you have the drive and dedication!

I prospect in rural CO mountain towns (maybe not the right areas?) and began knocking from 8:30 am to 11 and then 2 to 4:30. I can get in around 100 plus doors during this time but am having extremely lower interactions then what WB reports. So next week the first thing I am changing is my times to 12-8pm.

My main question though, is it ok to introduce yourself as a Financial Advisor instead of an Insurance Agent if you are planning on selling the prospect insurance?

I feel like as soon as I mention life insurance or that I'm an agent almost everyone immediately discredits that I am there to actually provide a service and help for their family.

Sorry for the rambling post by I have put all my eggs into this life insurance basket and am excited to get things rolling so any advice is greatly appreciated!

Happy selling everyone!

10. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Yes, you can call yourself a financial advisor... IF you are doing more than a features/benefits/price presentation. If you're looking at someone's retirement, college, taxes (now and in retirement), debt load, etc., then you're a financial advisor.

Note that "financial advisor" is NOT a regulated term (in most states). Investment advisor, insurance agent, registered representative are all regulated terms. There are a couple of states where they have ruled that to call yourself a financial advisor/consultant/planner requires a Series 65 - so make sure you check on that.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017