D2D L/H/Annuities Tracker

Very good points there WB. Trust is what I am going to start focusing my effort on communicating to the client.

No real reason for the three hour break other than a pest control salesman told me that's what they did. I've changed my schedule to 12-Dark now and seem to be finding more people home and more willing to talk. The mornings were not good, quite a few people home but all in a rush to work or run errands.

Is your pipeline pretty well full now WB or are you still out there knocking doors?!

I wish I was, I have no time however. I'm running approximately 40-45 appointments per week, and with the referrals I don't even have time to make phone calls. If you can get 25 new prospects per day you'll be fine though. The only way to do that consistently is through either door knocking or referrals.

Dude you're an animal and inspiration!

tenor.gif

I wish I was, I have no time however. I'm running approximately 40-45 appointments per week, and with the referrals I don't even have time to make phone calls. If you can get 25 new prospects per day you'll be fine though. The only way to do that consistently is through either door knocking or referrals.

Seems like good problems to have! Let me know if you need a protege for the winter months, I'd be happy to knock doors in AZ rather than through the CO winter

Seems like one of the keys to successfully getting an appointment could be the raffle card you had potential clients fill out. I am creating my own but with less boxes (not as many resources as NYL) and more focused on life insurance and retirement goals.

•term life insurance
•permanent life insurance
•health insurance
•living benefits for critical and terminal illness
•Roth IRA
•fixed indexed annuities
•final expenses
•mortgage protection
•retirement planning

Any other topics that you felt like most people were interested in from your card WB?

Seems like good problems to have! Let me know if you need a protege for the winter months, I'd be happy to knock doors in AZ rather than through the CO winter

Seems like one of the keys to successfully getting an appointment could be the raffle card you had potential clients fill out. I am creating my own but with less boxes (not as many resources as NYL) and more focused on life insurance and retirement goals.

•term life insurance
•permanent life insurance
•health insurance
•living benefits for critical and terminal illness
•Roth IRA
•fixed indexed annuities
•final expenses
•mortgage protection
•retirement planning

Any other topics that you felt like most people were interested in from your card WB?

Nobody is interested in the topics so much as they are in you. That's why even the MLM companies have people who write 200 policies a year on their own pen. Show people that you care, during you interactions continue showing that and eventually they will open their phonebook and wallet so you can help them.

I don't remember where I heard this but it's super true. Prospects only care about the first meeting, where clients only care about your last. So just focus on setting up LONG TERM STRATEGIES and trust so that your business doesn't get replaced by someone like DHK, me, or Bilyj.

Good luck!

----------

Dude you're an animal and inspiration!

tenor.gif

Hard to believe that a year ago I was calling you from a Starbucks stressing out over a 15,000 chargeback asking about a survey

http://www.insurance-forums.net/forum/images/smilies/biglaugh.gif

70 doors knocked, 18 contacts, 3 leads, 0 appointments.

That's good advice WB, I'm gonna be working on the trust pitch but for now I'm still figuring out the "getting in the door" pitch.

----------

That's good advice WB, I'm gonna be working on the trust pitch but for now I'm still figuring out the "getting in the door" pitch.

Forgot to mention that was from 2-5:30 Friday afternoon. Gonna be going full 8-10 hour days next week in a few different towns so should have a good sample of results after that.

----------

Forgot to mention that was from 2-5:30 Friday afternoon. Gonna be going full 8-10 hour days next week in a few different towns so should have a good sample of results after that.

A good thing to do is before you even offer your name, ask if it's a good time. It shows respect. Often times they'll respond by asking "what is this about?"

Then introduce yourself and hand them your card immediately so they know you're on the level. Because the door to door industry is dominated by meat salesmen, the schwann guy, usually 3 satellite, 1 cable, and one phone company rep, a couple pest control guys and a massive amount of alarm salesmen. Immediately separate yourself from them. By not trying to walk into their house mainly.

A good thing to do is before you even offer your name, ask if it's a good time. It shows respect. Often times they'll respond by asking "what is this about?"

Then introduce yourself and hand them your card immediately so they know you're on the level. Because the door to door industry is dominated by meat salesmen, the schwann guy, usually 3 satellite, 1 cable, and one phone company rep, a couple pest control guys and a massive amount of alarm salesmen. Immediately separate yourself from them. By not trying to walk into their house mainly.

Oh I like that little subtle tactic! I think it'll give me more time to assess the situation and Hopefully a little bit of trust right off the bat. Gonna give it a shot on the doors today. Thanks WB

Let me help you a bit: That tactic isn't about building trust. It's about interrupting someone's NATURAL tendency to just be thinking of a way to get rid of you.

I get all kinds of salespeople coming to my door - and 100% of them SUCK at it. There was one girl that I did buy a new cable package, and the reason was really because my remote control was worn out and I needed a new one. I was in "CURRENT PAIN" and that was the reason I bought. (Hated their service, switched back and still got the new remote from the previous service.)

But most of these people try to "trick" you into building rapport by asking a question like "how long have you lived here?" without asking me if I was interested in buying new windows or whatever. I know what they're doing better than they do, and I know when I can try to leave the conversation politely, but then they keep talking - thinking that if they keep talking, they're increasing their chances of a sale... but I keep closing the door. Yeah, I'm 'that' guy.

I wasn't a prospect for them, primarily because of how I responded to their amateurish approach. It's all about how people respond to YOU and your professionalism.

Your job is to interrupt that natural tendency by offering a 'deal'. No, not your product, but a quick 'deal'.

"May I take a quick minute to introduce myself and my professional services, and then you can tell me what you think?"

What will happen in their mind? They'll be thinking "That sounds safe. I'd be pretty rude to not let someone at least introduce themselves. So I guess I'll listen and THEN tell them to leave, because I bet that's what I'll think after I hear them out." And subtly, you have taken control of the interaction.

Now you have a full minute to explain who you are and what you do. You can even ask a question or two in there. They'll know when you're done when you simply ask "what do you think?" and they'll tell you.
- If it's positive, you can simply ask "Do you think it would be a good idea for us to get together at a more convenient time to talk some more about this?"

At least you'll have a shot at them having a more open mind than what you've had before - and that's the name of the game.

Now, when you have this minute, I don't know your training, your angle, or your offering... but it's far more profitable to help people to SOLVE problems, rather than just trying to sell product. If you're just talking about your product, it's all about you. If you talk about common problems, you're talking about them - or at least you're trying to.

Remember this: A no is not truly a no, until you know that they know what they are saying no to.

If you're not clear in who you are and what you do, that will cause you to quit and burn out faster in your prospecting than anything else - and it's your own fault because you instinctively know why you're being turned down. By asking for a quick minute, it's ultra-professional, and then it's ultra-professional to talk about problems that you can help people solve.

Last edited:
Let me help you a bit: That tactic isn't about building trust. It's about interrupting someone's NATURAL tendency to just be thinking of a way to get rid of you.

I get all kinds of salespeople coming to my door - and 100% of them SUCK at it. There was one girl that I did buy a new cable package, and the reason was really because my remote control was worn out and I needed a new one. I was in "CURRENT PAIN" and that was the reason I bought. (Hated their service, switched back and still got the new remote from the previous service.)

But most of these people try to "trick" you into building rapport by asking a question like "how long have you lived here?" without asking me if I was interested in buying new windows or whatever. I know what they're doing better than they do, and I know when I can try to leave the conversation politely, but then they keep talking - thinking that if they keep talking, they're increasing their chances of a sale... but I keep closing the door. Yeah, I'm 'that' guy.

I wasn't a prospect for them, primarily because of how I responded to their amateurish approach. It's all about how people respond to YOU and your professionalism.

Your job is to interrupt that natural tendency by offering a 'deal'. No, not your product, but a quick 'deal'.

"May I take a quick minute to introduce myself and my professional services, and then you can tell me what you think?"

What will happen in their mind? They'll be thinking "That sounds safe. I'd be pretty rude to not let someone at least introduce themselves. So I guess I'll listen and THEN tell them to leave, because I bet that's what I'll think after I hear them out." And subtly, you have taken control of the interaction.

Now you have a full minute to explain who you are and what you do. You can even ask a question or two in there. They'll know when you're done when you simply ask "what do you think?" and they'll tell you.
- If it's positive, you can simply ask "Do you think it would be a good idea for us to get together at a more convenient time to talk some more about this?"

At least you'll have a shot at them having a more open mind than what you've had before - and that's the name of the game.

Now, when you have this minute, I don't know your training, your angle, or your offering... but it's far more profitable to help people to SOLVE problems, rather than just trying to sell product. If you're just talking about your product, it's all about you. If you talk about common problems, you're talking about them - or at least you're trying to.

Remember this: A no is not truly a no, until you know that they know what they are saying no to.

If you're not clear in who you are and what you do, that will cause you to quit and burn out faster in your prospecting than anything else - and it's your own fault because you instinctively know why you're being turned down. By asking for a quick minute, it's ultra-professional, and then it's ultra-professional to talk about problems that you can help people solve.

This right here. This is where the money is made. About 40% of my suspects were generated like this.

"Did I catch you at a good time?"

"No, I'm busy. What is this about?"

*Quick introduction*

I know I caught you at an unexpected time, when is generally the least hectic day of the week for us to get together for a quick introduction? Close for date/ time (afternoon, evening, after work but before dinner etc.)

Super important: I want to make sure I don't come by unannounced again sir. What's your cell phone number? And your email so I can send you the confirmation (or information of no appointment was sent)

Last question, would it be alright if I added you to my newsletter?

----------

Also, if you do say a quick introduction, be quick with your introduction. I took about ten minutes to generate some interest, and right at the 10 minute mark I'd let them know that I promised to be short, and ask if they'd like to continue on until I get all of their questions answered. 70% stuck with me for the full appointment, 30% scheduled a second appointment. So have a great word track for every situation!!!!!

One of the reasons I decided on trying to secure one-minute introduction was based on this guy's training. Be sure to watch all 3 parts.

It's based on MLM training (which I think is more advanced than the generic prospecting training in insurance and financial planning)... but it makes it very simple.

Now, I can't give a presentation in 1 minute for people to buy my product... but I can do it for people to buy an appointment with me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back