Daviso Insurance Group. Any Thoughts?

Apparently they do get months 10-12 but NO renewals. :yes:

The idea is for the debt to roll up to the agent and the renewals to go to the IMO. All part of their give and take deal.

This is why I always suggest that agents read what they are signing as a lot of agents fall into the notion of, "well, I've got nothing to lose so I might as well give it a shot".

100% agree. So many places an agent can go without signing a contract at all. In Thailand you should remember us talking about that contract. I knew something didn't seem right with it then.

100% agree. So many places an agent can go without signing a contract at all. In Thailand you should remember us talking about that contract. I knew something didn't seem right with it then.

I've sat through their webinar and spoke directly the guy that did the webinar. He is a straight shooter. all the negative things I hear about Northstar in here are literally things they say upfront. Full time, no immediate vesting, follow a script, daily training, pay to get started, etc. where is the confusion coming from?

I won't join them due to some of their restrictions, but I appreciate them not sugar coating it and telling me how it is.

----------

i am going to give telesales a shot though. I'm going f2f 3 days a week and selling over the phone 3 days. I can make enough sales in 3 days f2f as a safety net.

I've sat through their webinar and spoke directly the guy that did the webinar. He is a straight shooter. all the negative things I hear about Northstar in here are literally things they say upfront. Full time, no immediate vesting, follow a script, daily training, pay to get started, etc. where is the confusion coming from?

I won't join them due to some of their restrictions, but I appreciate them not sugar coating it and telling me how it is.

----------

i am going to give telesales a shot though. I'm going f2f 3 days a week and selling over the phone 3 days. I can make enough sales in 3 days f2f as a safety net.
Are you already selling?
If not take some advice from someone who knows... Dont try both being new. It won't work.
Either will work just fine if you apply proven methods and give 100%. Both will fail if you try to mix it up
Feel free to reach out to me if you want to chat about it

My sales were not a problem. Vince himself told me I was a solid phone sales producer. I left after 3 months, not because of any "erratic behavior" - that is a slanderous load of horsesh*t and you know it - I left because I got tired of going a week or two at a time without getting paid, even though I was still selling. The persistency on that business is garbage, and you know it Ramiz.

Tom,

Again, you've private messaged me with a story conflicting what you are writing on a public forum (you sent me another message this morning). If you feel the need to discuss what really happened with you, and your experience in one of our network call centers, on a public forum, I would respectfully ask that you tell the entire story publicly.

----------

You are spot on here. The quality of business is an absolute joke. Vince told me to expect 70% placement and 70% persistency. I'm no mathematician but that leaves you with roughly 50% of your business after a year. Mine turned out to be slightly worse than this.

----------

Yes how does this work? Do the month 10, 11 and 12 commissions offset those massive chargebacks? I am guessing not. Once you leave they cut off your ability to log on to the carrier website so you don't have access to any statements. Then they send folks to collections and place vectors ruining both your credit and ability to stay in this business...meanwhile the upline laughs all the way to the bank.

Matt,

As you are aware, we tell all brand new agents to expect a 70% placement and a 70% persistencey, until they grasp the entire sales process. This is part of your orientation with us, day 1. This is also why many independent agents dont make it in telesales, because their marketing budget goes upside down very quickly and they cant keep up financially with the learning curve. You stuck it out with us for over a year because you never paid for leads.

We also dont cut off access to any carrier website, Im not exactly sure what you mean by that. Maybe you can call the carrier directly and figure that out.

Moreover, Matt, I encourage you to reflect on why you joined our organization initially, why you left, and what happened after you left when you tried to go independent as a telesales agent.

You've always been a gentleman towards me, so Im hoping you may have me either confused with someone else, or there was a misunderstanding somewhere that I can clear up.

----------

Illegal! If you give them a phone script they are employees. If you give them anything as a "guideline" they are employees. Yes, I know you haven't had a problem. YET. It is cool I understand it is cheaper to have them as 1099, but if they go to your office they are employees. Inside Sales IS 100% W-2, this isn't real-estate boys. I know your attorney "guy" said it is fine, but if you get audited someday who you gonna pay. Your attorney.

I appreciate you trying to give me some business advice, but there are so many layers to what we do, that any you cannot make an assumption on what is in compliance or what isn't, but you are more than welcome to ring me up and discuss in detail.

It is perfectly normal to give independent contractors guidelines as to what is acceptable business practice and what is in compliance.

No need to worry on my behalf, but again, thanks.

----------

The biggest problem they'll run into is setting the "independent contractor's" schedule. The meetings... the "why weren't you here at 8:00am?" conversations...

You are absolutely correct.

----------

Apparently they do get months 10-12 but NO renewals. :yes:

The idea is for the debt to roll up to the agent and the renewals to go to the IMO. All part of their give and take deal.

This is why I always suggest that agents read what they are signing as a lot of agents fall into the notion of, "well, I've got nothing to lose so I might as well give it a shot".

Doug,

Everyone knows that I do not vest agents day one. That is no secret, and anyone signing up with us is made very clear about this.

Agents also get months 10, 11, and 12 MINUS chargebacks. Thats industry standard.

I agree you should read anything before signing, but what you are pointing out is nothing we ever try to hide.

----------

I also agree that any agent that wants to go independent can go just about anywhere and join without signing anything, and many do, and many are successful.

Our set up is not designed for the independent agent, its a captive opportunity to work from home, or one of our network call centers. Apples and oranges.

There is no need to try to figure out anything about me, my contract, and my organization in Thailand while you should be enjoying yourself. Im only a phone call away. You and Doug have my number.

----------

----------

The confusion comes into play because some agents think that we are kidding when we say, "You must do it our way, or this wont work."

The reason why we are so tight on everything is because too many agents, especially in telesales, fail for not following a proven system.

We do not have much tolerance for agents that want to reinvent our wheel.

Personally, I would much rather come across as obnoxious or rude and turn you off, then you spend time and money to only fail with my organization.

We are very clear with our expectations, and make sure everyone understands exactly what they are getting into before joining.

Some people appreciate the frankness and join, others think we are kidding and we cut ties with them.

Tom,

Again, you've private messaged me with a story conflicting what you are writing on a public forum (you sent me another message this morning). If you feel the need to discuss what really happened with you, and your experience in one of our network call centers, on a public forum, I would respectfully ask that you tell the entire story publicly.

----------

Matt,

As you are aware, we tell all brand new agents to expect a 70% placement and a 70% persistencey, until they grasp the entire sales process. This is part of your orientation with us, day 1. This is also why many independent agents dont make it in telesales, because their marketing budget goes upside down very quickly and they cant keep up financially with the learning curve. You stuck it out with us for over a year because you never paid for leads.

We also dont cut off access to any carrier website, Im not exactly sure what you mean by that. Maybe you can call the carrier directly and figure that out.

Moreover, Matt, I encourage you to reflect on why you joined our organization initially, why you left, and what happened after you left when you tried to go independent as a telesales agent.

You've always been a gentleman towards me, so Im hoping you may have me either confused with someone else, or there was a misunderstanding somewhere that I can clear up.

----------

I appreciate you trying to give me some business advice, but there are so many layers to what we do, that any you cannot make an assumption on what is in compliance or what isn't, but you are more than welcome to ring me up and discuss in detail.

It is perfectly normal to give independent contractors guidelines as to what is acceptable business practice and what is in compliance.

No need to worry on my behalf, but again, thanks.

----------

You are absolutely correct.

----------

Doug,

Everyone knows that I do not vest agents day one. That is no secret, and anyone signing up with us is made very clear about this.

Agents also get months 10, 11, and 12 MINUS chargebacks. Thats industry standard.

I agree you should read anything before signing, but what you are pointing out is nothing we ever try to hide.

----------

I also agree that any agent that wants to go independent can go just about anywhere and join without signing anything, and many do, and many are successful.

Our set up is not designed for the independent agent, its a captive opportunity to work from home, or one of our network call centers. Apples and oranges.

There is no need to try to figure out anything about me, my contract, and my organization in Thailand while you should be enjoying yourself. Im only a phone call away. You and Doug have my number.

----------

The confusion comes into play because some agents think that we are kidding when we say, "You must do it our way, or this wont work."

The reason why we are so tight on everything is because too many agents, especially in telesales, fail for not following a proven system.

We do not have much tolerance for agents that want to reinvent our wheel.

Personally, I would much rather come across as obnoxious or rude and turn you off, then you spend time and money to only fail with my organization.

We are very clear with our expectations, and make sure everyone understands exactly what they are getting into before joining.

Some people appreciate the frankness and join, others think we are kidding and we cut ties with them.

The depth of your misunderstandings of Labor laws is astonishing.

Are you already selling?
If not take some advice from someone who knows... Dont try both being new. It won't work.
Either will work just fine if you apply proven methods and give 100%. Both will fail if you try to mix it up
Feel free to reach out to me if you want to chat about it

Thanks for your advice. I'll be sending you a pm with some questions, if that's ok with you.

Normal does not mean legal. Just in case you were confused.

Speaking of "confused" - telling a 1099 contractor that they must do it your way means (with all kidding aside) that YOU have mis-classified that person. That person, by law, is a w2 employee and should be treated as such.

I wonder how much you'll owe in taxes when someone with half a brain starts working there.

But, hey, what do I know...

Normal does not mean legal. Just in case you were confused.

Speaking of "confused" - telling a 1099 contractor that they must do it your way means (with all kidding aside) that YOU have mis-classified that person. That person, by law, is a w2 employee and should be treated as such.

I wonder how much you'll owe in taxes when someone with half a brain starts working there.

But, hey, what do I know...

One day one of their agents will report this to the DOL. When The DOL conducts an investigation and finds they have been paying folks via 1099, when they rightfully (this is not debatable fyi; they are employees) the DOL will impose all sorts of fines, interest, and require them to pay all past and current employees all the taxes they should have been paying all along.

In short, the day the DOL finds out, they are fucked big time. The cost will be massive.

If they hired an attorney to advise them on this issue, they got swindled.

Back