DFS Marketing

Just a terrible allover IMO (independent marketing organization) for insurance agents. When I first contracted with them, I had a dedicated Marketer that only last 2 months and than I ended with another again that only last 2 months, they have a high turnover rate for marketers or employees in general. It was so frustrating to get any business going with this unprofessional company with the lackluster marketing to get my business going. I honestly gave up with them and said, why the hell would I give this IMO any business, so they are doing nothing for me.

Getting contracted with carriers was a nightmare and even when I was contracted with 1 or 2 that I requested, I was not informed I was. Zero follow up from DFS. They keep emailing you about programs and webinars but they are all worthless, they just want you to produce for them, even though they don’t deserve.

I ended up taking a salaried job with a Corporate healthcare company that I was able to use my license for Medicare/Medicaid. At that time I put DFS on hold and looking back now, I should have left this company and went with another FMO or IMO.

When the time came for to start up again, I stupidity gave DFS another shot, as they stated that the last couple of years have been learning lesson for them and they have a better employee now that could help. I would say, no they haven’t and they over promise and underdelivered big time.

My plan was to do Facebook marketing with one of the reps and she was going to handle the marketing side and do the ads placement for me and handle it as I made her the ads manger on Facebook. For $1k they were to deliver a website, business cards through qr code and ads for Facebook, I intern would fund those funds those ads.

What they delivered was subpar, a generic QR code business cards and ZERO help on placing the ads on Facebook. The rep basically disappeared and didn’t bother to respond to my messages after I had some technical issues on Facebook with adding her as a ad manager. After the issues were fixed due to a permission glitch on Facebooks side, this is where the DFS rep disappeared and I was left with doing everything myself. I didn’t bother to place the ads, because once again DFS has shown its lack of helping its agents. They have shown they don’t care and they just want the business run through them.

I would say to new agents that want to contract with DFS stay away go elsewhere where they offer true agent support and don’t have a high turn over employee rate or disappear to let the agent do all the work. DFS is not worth your time, effort and business you do in the INSURANCE world.

You hit the nail on the head when you said:
"They keep emailing you about programs and webinars but they are all worthless, they just want you to produce for them, even though they don’t deserve."

Back