Diabetes Accepted by Any Indiv Major Medical?

AllenChicago

Guru
5000 Post Club
Hello Everyone,
I was looking over the internet for an answer to this question, and HAPPILY stumbled across this forum. What a great resource for those of us in the insurance industry.

Anyway, here's my question...short and sweet. Which health insurance company will insure a lady age 62 who takes a Diabetes pill, but has no other health issues..in Illinois?

It's OK if the Diabetes is excluded from coverage. I heard that Aetna will, but I can't find out by searching their website. Have to be an Aetna agent to get a log-in.

This prospect has a very bad $20k deductible hospital indemnity plan now and is paying $900 monthly for her and her 64 year old husband...

Thanks in advance,

Allen in Chicago

In TN, Aetna and Cigna both will consider depending on BMI and heart issues.

If the Husband doesn't have any medical issues or is being treated primarily with generics I'd look at Golden Rule or HII, possibly Celtic or Assurant depending on rates for a Short Term Medical policy, since he's 1 year out from medicare.

Thanks for the reply, Ksigmtsu. I'll give Aetna a call tomorrow and see what they'll tell me. Since the husband is going to be 65 in January 2011, it is probably best to put him on a temporary. He has no health issues whatsoever. Neither does his wife, aside from the mild Diabetes.
-Allen in Chicago

Thanks for the reply, Ksigmtsu. I'll give Aetna a call tomorrow and see what they'll tell me. Since the husband is going to be 65 in January 2011, it is probably best to put him on a temporary. He has no health issues whatsoever. Neither does his wife, aside from the mild Diabetes.
-Allen in Chicago

Most companies stop writing at age 64.5....might want to make sure of that with whoever you are considering.

Most companies stop writing at age 64.5....might want to make sure of that with whoever you are considering.

I'm sure I can get a temp for the husband that will carry him until Medicare/MedSup kicks in on 1/1/2011. It's the 62 year old mildly diabetic wife that's the main challenge. But from the responses in this forum, it seems as though Aetna is where she needs to apply. Thanks DGoldenz.
-Allen

I have an A rated temp up to 12 months for non insulin diabetes. If you want the PDFs PM me.

Most major medicals you are going to struggle to issue these cases in most markets.

You keep saying, "mildly diabetic".

Whether you have an A1C number of 6.1 or 7.3, you have diabetes.

Other mild conditions:
  • kinda pregnant
  • has just a touch of cancer
  • just a tad morbidly obese
(sorry, I'm in a sarcastic mood)
:cool:

Back