Diabetes Accepted by Any Indiv Major Medical?

Hello Everyone,
I was looking over the internet for an answer to this question, and HAPPILY stumbled across this forum. What a great resource for those of us in the insurance industry.

Anyway, here's my question...short and sweet. Which health insurance company will insure a lady age 62 who takes a Diabetes pill, but has no other health issues..in Illinois?

It's OK if the Diabetes is excluded from coverage. I heard that Aetna will, but I can't find out by searching their website. Have to be an Aetna agent to get a log-in.

This prospect has a very bad $20k deductible hospital indemnity plan now and is paying $900 monthly for her and her 64 year old husband...

Thanks in advance,

Allen in Chicago
[FONT=&quot]https://www.hiiquote.com/quote/quote.php?Plan_ID=1&code=A10208000000[/FONT]

You keep saying, "mildly diabetic".

Whether you have an A1C number of 6.1 or 7.3, you have diabetes.

Other mild conditions:
  • kinda pregnant
  • has just a touch of cancer
  • just a tad morbidly obese
(sorry, I'm in a sarcastic mood)
:cool:

An A1C of 6.1 is damn good for a diabetic inasmuch a 6.0 or more is deemed diabetic. But 7.3 is starting to push the upper limits where insulin may be required for glucose control. Now kinda pregnant is a different story.:yes:

An A1C of 6.1 is damn good for a diabetic inasmuch a 6.0 or more is deemed diabetic. But 7.3 is starting to push the upper limits where insulin may be required for glucose control. Now kinda pregnant is a different story.:yes:

Last edited by a moderator:

Other mild conditions:
  • kinda pregnant

You forgot my favorite two.

I'm in good health, but...
Slightly dead

Thanks to everyone who responded to this thread...both helpfully and sarcastically. I put the healthy 64 year old husband on a Temp today and I contracted online with Aetna last night. The mildly-borderline, teeny-weeny bit diabetic spouse, who is in good health, will be placed with them.

Footnote: This couple immigrated here from the Soviet Union, built a successful business, but just now realized that the $870 premium they've been paying is for a Hospital-Only plan that has a $20,000 deductible. I truly despise the way some agents take advantage of people.
:mad:

Other mild conditions:
  • kinda pregnant
Not really just the A1C, but the difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetics. If you've known people with both, you know how huge that difference is. It really is a difference between being diabetic and kinda diabetic if you think about it, because a mild type 2 can actually be released from medical treatment with dietary changes. Can't say that about a type 1.

I am a Diabetic (Type II), and my A1C is 6.2, down from 8.2 three years ago. Once you are a diabetic, you are a diabetic.

In fact, since I've had my A1C in check, I've had a stroke (December of '08) and Quadruple Bypass (December '09).

...other than that, I'm in great shape!

since stroke I've:
  • lost 45 lbs
  • workout 5 days a week
  • walk 5K's whenever I can
  • on eliptical for 45 min at level 4
  • on treadmill for 60 min at incline of 7.5
but I'm just barely Diabetic.

Back