Diabetes Accepted by Any Indiv Major Medical?

What disgusts me is how 99% of the health insurance companies collude to match each others practices, similar to the way every gas station in a given location will match prices.

You would think that at least one or two insurance companies would have the guts to take the lead and underwrite Type I Diabetes based on current health statistics, instead of old data from the 20th century.

That company would enjoy the increased prestige and notoriety that Aetna and Cigna now enjoy for accepting many Type II Diabetics.

I hope you are being facetious. If not, you should leave the insurance business as you clearly do not understand how it works.

You would think that at least one or two insurance companies would have the guts to take the lead and underwrite Type I Diabetes based on current health statistics, instead of old data from the 20th century.

That company would enjoy the increased prestige and notoriety that Aetna and Cigna now enjoy for accepting many Type II Diabetics.

Prestige and notoriety = high loss ratios
The shareholders of these publicly traded companies would not be happy.

Dear Bob,
Love the humor, mildly diabetic, mildly pregnant! I do have a question if I am looking for a cheap annual health insurance,
1)what do you suggest?
2) is there such a thing or is this being a little diabetic?
3)this is for a female age 55, non IDDM,
4) also, do you know of any companies that have expatriate health insurance?
Thanks,
Katie
worldwide health insurance

Last edited:
Back