Dialer that matches customers Area code

There are a number of call centers that push a local number when calling out, a number which they do not own and can not be called back.

I get quite a few of those on my business (land) line and a smaller number on my cell . . . which is not published on any of my sites.

Caller ID on landline shows the spoofed number with local AC but identifies the caller as "Out of Area". Those calls are never answered and they never leave a message.

Must not have been important

I looked it up on the FCC website. Turns out, spoofing your phone number isn't illegal as long as you don't defraud someone. But, if you are telemarketing, then there is a further requirement:

What are the FCC rules regarding caller ID for telemarketers?
FCC rules specifically require that a telemarketer:

• Transmit or display its telephone number or the telephone number on whose behalf the call is being made, and, if possible, its name or the name of the company for which it is selling products or services.
  • Display a telephone number you can call during regular business hours to ask to no longer be called. This rule applies even to companies that already have an established business relationship with you.
source: Spoofing and Caller ID

Basically, if the number is used for telemarketing, it needs to be callable back to you or someone acting on your behalf or maybe even just a recording to allow people to be added to your DNC list.

I am on some sort of list and it is maddening. I get 3 or in one case 15 calls in one day from a number very similar to mine. All for home security systems. Starts 281.522.xxxx. They are avatar calls (illegal). I have probably received 2000 calls in the last year. I asked them to remove my number politely about 100 times. I have said I was interested and then upon transfer asked to have my number removed.Nope does not work.

I now answer those calls with, dispatch, what is your emergency. Gets them off the phone quick, but still not off their list.

In all honesty, using my local exchange makes me FAR LESS LIKELY to pick up.

I got a new phone number in January. Since then I've been besieged by online pharmacies. I guess the previous number owner must have had used one because I was getting 8-10 calls a day. (I managed to get 99% of them to stop calling...different topic).

They all spoof the numbers, and I'd say 3/4 were spoofed to my local exchange. E.g., if my number is 971-123-XXXX, I'd get calls from 971-123-XXXX.

In fact, so many used that tactic that I started assuming that if it was a 971-123-XXXX number and it wasn't in my address book, it was probably a pharmacy.

I know of Vumber.com but anybody know of any other virtual number platforms that allows you to have multiple numbers forwarded to your cellphone. One that allows it so you can make a phone call from that number and have it appear in there caller ID. If that makes sense?

I love Five9 but ya its very taxd and its almost always under utlilized. Not your 1 man sho software. Most dialers will let you pre set a phone number to a campaign. Its not going to be dynamic you will literaly have to pre set when you create the campaigns based on locatoin and its a very common feature, nothing special. you are going to want to buy some #'s as Justin said it's frowned upon to use numbers you dont own. You power dial 1k home/business with Grandmas number she is going to get a lot of angry call backs.

Back