DM Responders Question

jmarkk1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I've got a few leads I've been working and was wondering if you guys have a good way to respond to those that say something like this "I thought I was going to get just a brochure. I've have a great handle on my retirement and my FA is awesome."
Seems to me that if their plan and advisor was so good they would've just thrown the response card away. Is there a tactful way to respond? I was hoping that these DM responders were going to have more of a clue than your typical FE responder....but it seems like it is about the same.

I've got a few leads I've been working and was wondering if you guys have a good way to respond to those that say something like this "I thought I was going to get just a brochure. I've have a great handle on my retirement and my FA is awesome." Seems to me that if their plan and advisor was so good they would've just thrown the response card away. Is there a tactful way to respond? I was hoping that these DM responders were going to have more of a clue than your typical FE responder....but it seems like it is about the same.

Do you call them or DK them?

I DK all DM and say the following:

"Hi you must be.......

My name is......... and I'm with........insurance. The reason for my visit is that you mail this (I show it) card to my office requesting info about.....

The company asked me to stop by and drop off this information. It takes about 10 min. May I step in?"

9 out 10 time you'll get in the house...

Try it

Do you call them or DK them?

I DK all DM and say the following:

"Hi you must be.......

My name is......... and I'm with........insurance. The reason for my visit is that you mail this (I show it) card to my office requesting info about.....

The company asked me to stop by and drop off this information. It takes about 10 min. May I step in?"

9 out 10 time you'll get in the house...

Try it
My FMO suggested to DK, not call, and so that's what I'm doing. They are not recommending getting in the door...but rather getting permission to call and set appt after creating the need to meet. If they are not home, they recommend leaving a letter that gives reason for my stopping by, short little bio, and then copy of reply card. I had some email me already...stating they are happy with FA...don't stop by again, just thought they'd receive brochure from request card.
Keep in mind I haven't done a lot of annuity mailers. I went with Kramer AN46 because it's the highest return. It has no specific message..."changes impacting seniors...fill out to receive brochure."

My FMO suggested to DK, not call, and so that's what I'm doing. They are not recommending getting in the door...but rather getting permission to call and set appt after creating the need to meet. If they are not home, they recommend leaving a letter that gives reason for my stopping by, short little bio, and then copy of reply card. I had some email me already...stating they are happy with FA...don't stop by again, just thought they'd receive brochure from request card. Keep in mind I haven't done a lot of annuity mailers. I went with Kramer AN46 because it's the highest return. It has no specific message..."changes impacting seniors...fill out to receive brochure."

I use E-40 with the lead connection so it's easier to get in the house right there and then...

I do cross sell for FE and annuities as well

I use E-40 with the lead connection so it's easier to get in the house right there and then...

I do cross sell for FE and annuities as well

What does E40 say? Response rate? Demographics?
I'm not as interested in response rate unless it's pathetically low. I would think that having a clear message, nice looking mailer, and a good demographic will pull well...meaning more people know what their filling out, etc.
According to some...DM is just about getting in front of prospects...but I'm skeptical about going too far with that logic.
Do you ever buy internet leads for annuities? Do you order LTC DM as well.

What does E40 say? Response rate? Demographics? I'm not as interested in response rate unless it's pathetically low. I would think that having a clear message, nice looking mailer, and a good demographic will pull well...meaning more people know what their filling out, etc. According to some...DM is just about getting in front of prospects...but I'm skeptical about going too far with that logic. Do you ever buy internet leads for annuities? Do you order LTC DM as well.

Go to the lead connection website. Look up E-40 sample. I average 2.5% return

Ages 65-80
Income $15K-$39K

I've tried internet leads but they are shared with other agents and usually you need to call them as soon as the lead comes in. Most times I was asked "how much is it?" Over the phone.

I use leads to secure a chance to make a presentation and not to sell over the phone

That's my personal experience. I'm sure others might disagree

Go to the lead connection website. Look up E-40 sample. I average 2.5% return

Ages 65-80
Income $15K-$39K

I've tried internet leads but they are shared with other agents and usually you need to call them as soon as the lead comes in. Most times I was asked "how much is it?" Over the phone.

I use leads to secure a chance to make a presentation and not to sell over the phone

That's my personal experience. I'm sure others might disagree

I checked out the website. I thought that E40 was annuity based...
I'm guessing that it might be easier to back into annuity sale doing med supp or LTC...but I'd really like to work with people at least a few years before retirement because there are some great options for annuities...given the right scenario.

I checked out the website. I thought that E40 was annuity based... I'm guessing that it might be easier to back into annuity sale doing med supp or LTC...but I'd really like to work with people at least a few years before retirement because there are some great options for annuities...given the right scenario.

My main market is the senior market and 75% of my sales are FE. The other 25% are Medicare Supplement, annuity, cancer and hospital indemnity.

I'm about to test social security (annuity) info seminars so the % might be different soon

My main market is the senior market and 75% of my sales are FE. The other 25% are Medicare Supplement, annuity, cancer and hospital indemnity.

I'm about to test social security (annuity) info seminars so the % might be different soon

what is a social security (annuity) ?:err:

Back