Do Aflac Coordinators Use Qikmail? Scam?

Kimura410

I posted my resume on monster. I received an email from a supposed Aflac district coordinator, saying he was impressed with my background and was going to contact me in the next couple days about an interview. I just took a computer security class so I am weary about potential scams via the internet. What's bothering me is that the gentleman sent the email from his_name at qikmail*com, then at the bottom of his message it had his_name at us*aflac*com. (Asteriks are .'s, forum wouldn't let me post website names, at is @, obviously)

I looked up qikmail and it seems to be somewhat of an automated emailing system that hotels would use to contact their customers, which would make sense because maybe he was on his qikmail account by mistake when sending the email. Makes sense that he has one because he has insurance customers. But still, I am suspicious. Can anyone confirm that this is a legitimate practice? Thanks!

I would do some more research into other avenues of selling insurance. Worksite products are popular and their are a lot of other great companies offering great products out there. If you have the network for this sort of product sales hook up with a local independent P&C agency. I'm sure they would entertain someone driven to multiline their clients to life. & gap products.

It looks like it is to help with email campaigns. The person may have set it up due to restrictions on the aflac email. So probably legitimate. Although I would rather start my carrier somewhere besides Aflac and worksite products.

Thanks for the responses guys. I am not exactly looking to start a career per se. But maybe when I talk to the man who emailed me, he may change my mind. I am currently unemployed and on the job hunt. So am I getting this right, a brand new employee like me would get no compensation whatsoever, aside from commission? I mean, there is no hourly rate for an insurance salesman, is that correct? On top of that, I would need to pay for a test to obtain a license before I can even make a sale, do I have that right as well?

Thanks for the responses guys. I am not exactly looking to start a career per se. But maybe when I talk to the man who emailed me, he may change my mind. I am currently unemployed and on the job hunt. So am I getting this right, a brand new employee like me would get no compensation whatsoever, aside from commission? I mean, there is no hourly rate for an insurance salesman, is that correct? On top of that, I would need to pay for a test to obtain a license before I can even make a sale, do I have that right as well?

Nailed it. If you are looking for a job and an hourly wage, insurance is probably not for you, at least not sales.

Yes you have that right...no hourly, all commission, no benefits, pass the tests, pay for licensing, etc. It's sales.

If you still want to meet with the man who emailed you...keep in mind YOU are interviewing HIM. So do your research and ask the questions you need answered.

If you are interested in the insurance business I would look into working for a year or two with a captive agency like State Farm. You won't make a lot of money but you will get the training and experience you need. Not all agents are the same. The first job I got he paid for me to get licensed and provided a salary and benefits + Commission + bonuses. Maxed out at 45k per year, but after 4 years I was able to open my own agency and know how to run one profitably.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I opened an independent insurance agency and hired additional producers to sell for me along with my own sales efforts.

Last edited:
Kimura,

I am in the same situation as you, just happened to me today and I had the same question, that's how I got directed here.

I hope that you have already found this out but monster and careerbuilder are being used by companies utilizing hiring pyramid schemes. They contact you, which is strange, because they try to maximize the number of new employees to offset their continuous turnover. If you've ever heard of Cutco Knives... This practice really pisses me off.

The email that I received from a qikmail account:

After reviewing your resume for the positions of Account Manager-Benefits Consultant-Enrollment Coordinator or Service Representative on Monster.com or careerbuilder.com , we would like to extend you a personal invitation to attend a Career Opportunity Meeting at our office in (xxxxxx). We are currently looking to fill a position in your area, and we believe you would be an ideal candidate.

In this down economy with high unemployment rates, our business is booming. We would like for you to invest an hour of your time to learn about a great opportunity with one of the top 100 companies to work for in America. Please confirm by telephone or e-mail which date and time you will be attending as seating is extremely limited.

We conduct career opportunity meetings every Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon at 2:00PM and Thursday morning at 10:00AM at our Aflac regional office in (xxxxxx). During this informational meeting, we will discuss where Aflac is positioned in our industry, and why people need Aflac in today’s current healthcare arena. We’ll discuss the positions that we are seeking to fill, and why you would consider a career with Aflac.

(I deleted the area for my own privacy)

What really gets me is the "In this down economy..." line, its true because people are more vulnerable to their scams because of it!! GAHHH I hate them

I received this one from a qikmail com:

I just found your resume on monster and I wanted to reach out to you to see if you were interested in discussing a position here at AXA. We have a few immediate openings for a business to business sales representative that may interest you.

If you are not familiar with AXA, please don’t let that worry you. We provide the tools, training and support to help you succeed.

There are a few skills we are looking for that don’t always come through in a resume, and we do require. If you are a self-motivated, hardworking individual who enjoys a challenge, then please let me know.

I would like to schedule a brief 30 minute conversation with you to learn about your goals, what you are looking for in your ideal position and to quantify the value of a potential partnership with us. Simply reply to this email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks again,

Laura Walschon
AXA Advisors
Northern California/Hawaii Branch
laura's email

Back