Do people naturally avoid salesmen?

No. I presented to them one time to gauge their interest and didn’t bother them again after they had said they weren’t interested.
Perhaps they knew they should have what you were offering and felt guilty each time they saw you after the interview because they didn't buy.

I would think only the dumb ones do.. Think of all the things you would miss out on if you never dealt with a salesman...

I've missed out on plenty by ignoring salespeople and marketing of different kinds. I've never had a car loan, or any sort of consumer debt of any kind, save for a loan I took out on a laptop when I was young for the sole purpose of building credit. I don't drink soda or eat junk food. So I guess I missed out on the diabetes and obesity epidemic by ignoring the soda and fast food commercials.

Now that I think about it, you're 100% right. I've missed out on a lot by ignoring marketing and sales.

Ultimately the answer to the question "Do people naturally avoid salesmen?" is no. No they don't.

Only the smart ones do.

Right on, bro.

Think of all the things you would miss out on if you never dealt with a salesman...

I don't miss out on anything when I voluntarily seek out a salesperson.

But I routinely hang up on telemarketers, toss junk mail in the garbage, and close the door quickly on anybody who rings the bell (the latter usually selling religion).

I ended up leaving the business a couple weeks ago, but one thing I noticed since getting out of it is some folks that weren’t talking to me while I was in it are now talking to me again. Do people naturally shy away from salesmen?

Maybe they feel sorry for you and want to lift your spirits, if you're no longer a big time salesman.
Could be lots of reasons.

Right on, bro.

I don't miss out on anything when I voluntarily seek out a salesperson.

But I routinely hang up on telemarketers, toss junk mail in the garbage, and close the door quickly on anybody who rings the bell (the latter usually selling religion).
I said if you NEVER dealt with a salesman.. Not all salesmen.

I've missed out on plenty by ignoring salespeople and marketing of different kinds. I've never had a car loan, or any sort of consumer debt of any kind, save for a loan I took out on a laptop when I was young for the sole purpose of building credit. I don't drink soda or eat junk food. So I guess I missed out on the diabetes and obesity epidemic by ignoring the soda and fast food commercials.

Now that I think about it, you're 100% right. I've missed out on a lot by ignoring marketing and sales.
Well, I don't guess you have ever been fitted for a fine suit or bought a nice pair of shoes.. Probably never had anyone help you at the meat counter in a grocery store.. Never bought a box of girl scout cookies.. You must have needed to get a pair of glasses.. Salesmen come in different sizes and shapes and not all sell big ticket items, but they are still salesmen (persons) .. BTW, keep thinking that you will never be a diabetic because you don't drink soda...Hope you are found to be wrong.. That thinking is sort of like a couple that didn't need a cancer plan because they were Seventh Day Adventist and they followed the church's vegetarian dietary instructions "religiously" Two years later the lady was diagnosed with stomach cancer.. she lived 6 months. :sad:

Back