Do you have a pressing legal question?

"For Associates with 0-2 years of experience who made at least one sale, average annual earnings were $504 for 2018.
#1 It does not mention how many with 0-2 yrs experience sold $0. Most MLM forces indicate 80+% with $0 in commissions. So basically this is a claim stating that those who made commissions, made commissions.
Approximately 76% of all Associates across experience years made less than $1,000 in 2018."
$0 is less than $1000 so that claim could in fact indicate that 76% earned $0. And MLMs typically arrive at averages by dividing total commissions by the number of reps on the force at year end, completely omitting the 60% who churned out during the year, thereby inflating averages by a corresponding amount. And with high discrepancies between top and bottom earners, mean income statistics would be far more accurate. MLM mean incomes are typically $0.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure he is constantly just reading the thread and pulling his hair out.

I signed up for the program both as a customer and a salesperson back when I started in insurance. Even though most of the MLM sales people were pretty greasy, the product seemed really good on concept. Over time, I found out the legal advice was complete crap. It ended up costing me thousands and thousands of dollars because of their poor advice on a legal contract. Now I just use a real attorney. Yeah he's a lot more expensive, but I don't think I'm going to end up in any sort of an expensive jam because of bad advice again.

both as a customer and a salesperson
This is at the core of MLM.....internal consumption. And if that ratio exceeds a mere 30%, it meets every FTC criteria of being an illegal pyramid scheme. But who better to sell to than an eager young recruit who's already fallen for the opportunity pitch. And not buying the product becomes a contradiction of sorts.

I bet Cornelius is just dying to jump back in and make a final final last final one last comment.
In all fairness to Cornelius, he sounds more like a victim than a perpetrator of MLM. In time, the vast majority of those pursuing an MLM opportunity have their eureka moment where they realize the critics are actually on their side and their upline/corporate office is the actual enemy. At least he realizes he's involved with MLM. That is the first big step.

In all fairness to Cornelius, he sounds more like a victim than a perpetrator of MLM. In time, the vast majority of those pursuing an MLM opportunity have their eureka moment where they realize the critics are actually on their side and their upline/corporate office is the actual enemy. At least he realizes he's involved with MLM. That is the first big step.
But he's had this "illness" for years. :err:

As for why no E/O requirement maybe its because sales associates do not practice law..I really dont know the answer to that or see why its a need.

You dont know the first thing about insurance or the business world do you?

E&O is not just for people practicing law. Insurance agents and many other sales professions are required to carry E&O. Its to protect both the agent and client in the sales situation.

Last edited:
Back