Do you have a pressing legal question?

I haven't logged in on this site in forever but I'm FLOORED that Cornelius is STILL on 'this' forum attemting to justify LS.

You have skin way tougher than mine, bro
I'm not sure how far back the post history goes but as a licensed agent, I shunned LS...went back n forth.

Then, I decided to primarily write legal/identity plans but justifying TO other agents is an excerise in futility bro

For the most part, especially for older agents ( and insurance in general is a gray man's wheelhouse....I'm no spring myself mine you) the die was cast back on the 80-90's when PPL at the time decided to use the MLM infrastructure to survive & grow ( again the company did what was necessary at the time to flourish) that KILLED the credibility for enough ppl to still be an albatross to this day in the minds of many, you will NOT change that no matter what, logic be damned.

The Super Bowl half-time show has CRAP with H.S. bands and mocking it wasn't until it SURVIVED 25 years before it was a constant sellout and Michael Jackson showed up and CHANGED everything...and that's with the NFL having already played about 50 YEARS before even attempting the promote the darn thing. ( 2020 will be 100 years of NFL football but the Super Bowl only started in '66 and again didn't get 'big' until closer to the 90's just look at the performers)

My point being it takes a LOT to reshape mindsets and sometimes you just never will, even if the house has been reframed, rebuilt and is rock freaking solid.

Companies like LegalZoom, LifeLock, RockLawyer among others market and attempt to serve the EXACT same space that LS and ARAG have been banging since the 1970's

If yahoos don't get it, they won't bro
The LS product is NO WORSE than the product Met-Life sells as Met-Law or under their Hyatt Legal brand it's just that Met-Life pitches to employee groups of 2000 as their focus as does ARAG ( who provides this type of service in several countries and has done so for at least 2 generations)

Ppl get themselves all EMOTIONALLY riled up over the company having dove into the MLM pool to survive....ok, get over it

They made a clear distinction and TRIED to reach out the traditional agents after the big money equity guys came in and hired former Allstate, JP Morgan Chase, AT&T and other uppity mock folks and created a whole 'Broker Division' where if guys like myself didn't want to / the MLM/Networking communications we didn't have to.

They changed how the compensation wad presented to be Premium based just like ANY OTHER product/plan we licensed folks peddle ( now the premium model is company wide, as of recently)...they did all the crap to attempt to APPEASE existing insurance agents to carry ONE MORE policy/plan in their bag....

Among the other Final Expense, DI, CI, Health or whatever...but bottomline is it's a freaking plan no more, no less

All the other crap is crap
Ppl poo poo their HMO
Ppl poo poo their Auto coverage
Ppl poo poo their Roadside Assistance

It is what it is, as far as that goes
Some ppl praise Allstate, others say their crooks...same with Blue Crosd/ Blue Shield

Many ppl should LS much like a HMO

I have Kaiser, some ppl will ALWAYS 'hate' HMOs others their USELESS...some like the self-containment of an HMO....others can't stand having a primary run point.

The 'problem' is LS still maintains their growth by allowing the MLM side to persist...whenever that happens YES you're gonna have less qualified and committed to professionalism new blood speaking out of turn ( does THAT sound like new blood coming into the insurance business....it should for a company started by an insurance agent)

I don't give a Flying Flip about 'recruiting' but the TRUTH is as a policy seller the competition is low and the road to 6 figures compared to BEGGING up life/health policies is ridiculous.

To be completely honest I prefer less agents and less LS associates mudding up the works...by all means DON'T get in my way, go sit in front of seniors in trailers & inner cities and write Final Expense or sling Mortgage Protection, instead because obviously that's God's work, right?

Do Lawyers suck?
Do Doctors?
They all suck, when it doesn't work out like you want...one doctor found the tumor and the other one didn't...

Ppl go through and hire 2,3,4 lawyers ALL the time but heaven forbid 'the' LS attorney didn't solve EVERY need known to mankind....gimme a break

Triple A doesnt solve every motorist issue either...

The plans are GROUP plans that offer everyday coverage for 'many' matters and STOP with the
'I can get a FREE CONSULT anywhere nonsense'
there is a BIG difference between a 'sales consult' to decide if a retainer can be secured vs a consultation with an 'on-the-clock' may as well WORK attorney
One person is WORKING the other is LOOKING for work, two different ballparks.

There are a gazillion lawyers with NO BUSINESS that will chat up a LEAD to sniff out if there is to be made, after all they are in business, they aren't charities...those guys 'have to' make business decisions to stay in business...much like an insurance agents providing FREE QUOTES all day, like some customer service girl handing out Free chicken wing samples....

LS allows some attorneys to not 'have to' put on an apron and give samples, instead they are PAID to actually do legal work vs 'pitch'....

Is it prefect = Hell no
Does the Value Prop exceed $299/yr
Ah yeah

Just plain ole American to American
Over a 10 year period, let alone over 30 years I WASTE a hell of a lot of on auto insurance is B.S. to show for it
Between Wills, updates, doc review, the OCCASIONAL phone call or lawyer 'punk' letter...dollar for dollar there are WORSE coverages that we sell NO DOUBT

Somebody asked about licensing
Yes some states regulate these plans as P & C instruments most notably Mass. but other states like Wi, Ne, IL, Va, NJ may require at least a Limited Lines license.

Now LS has lobbied other states like Tx, FL, Al & Mo in recent years to move regulations away from the D of I...making in easier to grow agents/associates in those states ( again more ppl in my way) but the regulatory bodies in each state are still whom they are, the weird tougher states (NY,NV, MA) still regulate at a pace but watch these policies just like others

Mu suggestion Cornelius is just WRITE business bro
Don't waste time trying to get guzzied up for folks that won't 'get it'

You know how much 1-2 $60 premium plans pays bro
Why in the would you keep taking pies in the face...when you know the kind of production bonuses LS has on the table right now...are you seriously WASTING energy on old ???

All those 'smart' guys are more brilliant than the private equity firms that have and are pouring 100's of millions of dollars into this play since the big boys bought in, in 2011 and you dare spend your efforts HERE, on this topic?

Understanding and knowing the biz, there is NO WAY I'd allow my 20-something son/nephew/niece open an Allstate/SF etc over a LS associateship ( again production only not recruitment) if one has their head on properly...there is no way not to write business

If the paralegal office, Bk assistance office, LifeLock, Met-Law and flat-rate attorney service can write business in strip malls all across the country across the parking lot from Piggly Wiggly & Dunkin Donuts you're a moron to think you can't write business that scratches the same itch.....just don't worry so much about trying to bring drivers and wannabee p/t some time sales associates & insurance agents with you

Don't get me wrong I my agent buddies, I'll refer policies to 'them' all day long and they can shoot the LS policy right back my way and we're good...

I've got no UW issues, screw non res license fees etc and because I know HOW to position these policy, very little charge back concern....

I'm a HUGE fan of allowing THAT, GUY to stay in his/her lane and make his/her cause Ima make mine....I just jumped in here cause you're taking a beating and because folks were ishing on my product offering with NONSENSICAL rubbish

(Again the only 'unique' complaint is about recruiting and I'll give you that but plan complaints are what they are...I don't give a crap WHAT policy you're selling. I've been around the block several times and NOBODY'S gonna tell me that clients don't about EVERY plan/company for one reason or another...many times due to a) over selling via agent b) over expectations via mankind)

Good Saturday to everyone
No I don't want to give you my link
Please stay OUT of the LS market
I'll address folks legal, credit, financial & identity theft concerns...concerns they willingly will discuss...I'll let the neck tie wearing guys/gals handle the teeth pull stuff....we all pick our battles.

This is no different from ppl like Dave Ramsey believing CCs are da devil or Suzy Orman demonizing annunities...sell what ya want but at least be FAIR and know what your talking about regarding a product CURRENTLY not from what 'somebody' said 20 years ago....

Suzy n Dave were poisoned decades ago, hold no current licensing but keep preaching from their 1970's experience....don't be them

If you don't really know FOR SURE just stay in your own lane...I leave the Medi-Gap plans to you leave the legal & identity plans to ppl IN the market cool?

LOL..Ok..Im done..Oh yea one more thing. In my mind im not trying to justify LS in this forum because for the most part minds are made up.

Probably more towards edutainment just for that one person who may have heard of the company.

As for the forum itself I always pick up some nuggets. There are some great minds here.

Last edited:
the private equity firms that have and are pouring 100's of millions of dollars into this play since the big boys bought in,
Private equity/institutional investors buy into MLM corporations for one reason only......profit. Turning their own selling forces into a source of high-profit margin clients is great for bottom lines.

LS 2018 Annual Distributor Disclosure Statement
"For Associates with 0-2 years of experience who made at least one sale, average annual earnings were $504 for 2018. Approximately 76% of all Associates across experience years
made less than $1,000 in 2018."

Mark im not trying to sell anything to anyone. Im confident if anyone was interested they would do their own research beyond this thread.

Im out and im done...

Look at him go! He just bumped this thread with all the negative feedback about LegalShield to the top of the forum once again! Wow he must hate LegalShield!

And AGAIN he says he's done responding!

Back