Do You Tell them They Are Being Tracked?

Discussion in 'Insurance Technology Forum' started by somarco, Mar 7, 2017.

1. VolAgent

VolAgent Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Semantics. If the client doesn't download the pixels from the server, then the server never knows it was opened. Which is why many clients now default not to opening it.

I'm probably somewhere between Scagent and DHK. It is commonly done, however I'm not going to lose sleep over someone I think is lying to me. I'm on to the next person.

2. Todd King

Todd King Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia

Where exactly did you read that he lies to them about anything? As far as invading their privacy by simply knowing if they opened an email or not...invading their privacy? Give me a break!

3. nylife11023

nylife11023 Well-Known Member

State:

Your standards of ethical behavior are different than mine. You are saying that if it is OK for Apple and the NSA and the CIA to do, it is OK for everyone. I disagree.

I obviously will not persuade you to change your ethics.

But I will say this. I'm allowed to have an opinion on the subject and it is simply unfortunate the you don't like it and you post something like this as a deflector:

The financial industry has a bad reputation for honesty and ethical behavior. Why do states require ethics CE and why are fiduciary rules being considered? Do you wonder why people think of financial product sales people... the same as they do about used car sales personnel?

Many agents in the financial sector see no ethical problem with doing whatever it takes to make a sale.

If you are going to track my email, why not buy into the technology to tap my phone or capture all my keystrokes or better yet turn on my computer camera or smart TV and spy on me? Why not send me a free pen with an RFID chip in side so you can find wherever I travel?

Hey, dude! You can be the new Ned Ryerson:

So that makes it right? It sounds as if you would have made a great CIA and NSA agent instead of an insurance agent.

Is this something you do too?

Yes, I'm sure you are the role-model for many hundreds, if not thousands of agents in the sector.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2017
  4. scagnt83

scagnt83 Well-Known Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Many professions require ethics related courses. Engineering, teaching, and Realtors are a few that come to mind immediately.

----------

Am I aware if a person answers the phone when I call them? Yes....
    Are you able to tell if a person answers the phone when you call them? :goofy:

5. sshafran

sshafran Well-Known Member

State:
    Ohio
    I use tracking too. The receiving person does not "download" anything.

In other words, tracking works pretty well. I doubt his tracking is inaccurate due to the person receiving it "not downloading it to avoid being tracked."

----------

You need a life...

----------

I see no problem with calling them out.

6. nylife11023

nylife11023 Well-Known Member

State:

If you wonder why financial advisors and insurance agents in particular have the reputation they do, well here is your answer in four-part harmony and full orchestration?

7. vic120

vic120 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The only thing Is I have seen your post's and your undying support for Politian's with the most invasive policies ever seen, I find it amazing for you to have this opinion now

8. somarco

somarco Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Elaborating a bit more.

Once the visitor hits submit to generate a quote I get an email and they get an email telling them what to expect and when. At midnight they get a 2nd email giving slightly more info.

Most of the time before they get the 2nd email they get a "live" email from me with a link to more detailed rate information and a bit more about what I can do for them. The next business day after their initial visit they get a phone call from me.

If they hit my site late Fri through Sunday they get auto-emails and one live email. I don't call them until Monday.

Some people have already bought (or at least that's what they say) when I call. Many times they are still checking rates to make sure they made the right decision. I try to engage them in conversation. Sometimes they listen, sometimes not. I don't press. I move on.

Only looking for low hanging fruit.

9. YouGotMyMoney

YouGotMyMoney Well-Known Member

State:
    Florida
    Does most of your traffic come from Bing/Yahoo? I hate getting people with Yahoo accounts, these people never "get" your emails lol.

10. somarco

somarco Well-Known Member

State:
    Georgia
    Google and Bing. Very little from Yahoo