Do You Think All of the Off Exchange People

are going to continue to pay these increases? I for one am sick of it. I hate paying that artificially high premium.

Let me ask you a question and please try and be as honest as possible.

How much of that premium would you be able to shave off if we had done nothing? Take into account avg. premium increases from 1990 to 2010.

Good point, Houcoogster. This bus was headed for the "unaffordable" exit anyway (sorry about the pun....) However, the spike that Obamacare caused initially, inflated by recent rate increases, just catapulted us there much faster.

Good point, Houcoogster. This bus was headed for the "unaffordable" exit anyway (sorry about the pun....) However, the spike that Obamacare caused initially, inflated by recent rate increases, just catapulted us there much faster.

Indeed! We're now experiencing a turbocharged Hummer.

Let me ask you a question and please try and be as honest as possible. How much of that premium would you be able to shave off if we had done nothing? Take into account avg. premium increases from 1990 to 2010.

I've been paying for my own health insurance for many years and NEVER had I experienced a 100% rate increase from one year to the next. That is until my carrier cancelled my pre-ACA plan.

We may have been experiencing decent sized rate increases prior to ACA, but nothing like we have seen in the last couple of years.

I was organizing some files yesterday and came across my list of pre-ACA Coventry clients. It lists their pre-ACA plan and the plan they were being migrated to if they did nothing. The rate increases range from 31.4% to as much as 150.3%. And here's the kicker, many went from a $2,750 deductible to a $5,750 deductible. So not only did their rates increase drastically, but so did their deductible.

You can try to minimize it by saying rates were increasing prior to the ACA, but the fact is premiums have jumped drastically and it's a direct result of the ACA.

You can try to minimize it by saying rates were increasing prior to the ACA, but the fact is premiums have jumped drastically and it's a direct result of the ACA.

Just another racist comment. I bet you have a rebel flag in your office, don't you?

Just another racist comment. I bet you have a rebel flag in your office, don't you?

No, but I do have a Georgia Bulldog flag. Does that count?

And let's be honest, I know you liked that confederate flag bathing suit I emailed you.

The only client I had that actually went without is a couple with 4 kids. Makes $150K. (Really $250K with prayers they dont get audited). 4000 sq ft house. Pool. 3 kids in select sports. Told me they just couldn't afford it.

A couple of months ago, she posted on FB her sons 10th bday party. With the Hummer limo.

Makes me nutty.

Life is all about choices.

One big claim on their credit report and all that goes out the window. People with money risk even more by not having health insurance.

Back