Do You Think All of the Off Exchange People

Jul 7, 2015

1. yorkriver1

yorkriver1 Guru

Accidents and complications, surgeries, and the aftermath can get into 6 figures + pretty fast. Long hospitalizations from complications, severity, infection. All can happen to otherwise healthy people.

Good posts, will use ideas with clients. Most probably wouldn't be talking to me, though, unless they really want to avoid the big ticket disaster.

2. bill3173

bill3173 Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    Good answer..you tell the truth with diplomacy. Anyone who sold health insurance from 2004-20010, knows how far removed we are, from those rates both in nominal and real terms.

It is really odd how this thread turned into "championing" the necessity of purchasing health insurance. I think some of these people have a reading comprehension problem.

3. kgmom219

kgmom219 What's Next?

State:
    Texas
    We are all in sales....how much attention to detail are you expecting?

4. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    Some of us are more detail oriented than others.

somarco, Jul 10, 2015
  5. taterpeeler

taterpeeler Guru

State:
    Texas
    I wish that they would file on their credit report if they don't pay their premiums.....

6. kgmom219

kgmom219 What's Next?

State:
    Texas
    They can't process payments correctly....you really want them to be able control if you can get a house?

And I'm ignoring Bob.... ;)

7. MaryDallas

MaryDallas Guru

State:
    Texas
    Yes, the cost of health insurance is exorbitant. And none of us like it. I have clients that already have claims heading towards $100,000 and have paid in $2100 this year in premium. Those numbers do not compute. I can see where the huge rate increases come in with 'no health questions asked' scenario.

And the doctors are now taking full advantage of the low deductibles: one of my clients is American Indian. She has a BC/BS -0- deductible; -0- co-pay; -0- prescription cost. When she turned 40 he ordered an electrocardiogram 'because she turned 40'. She had a pap which came back good and he ordered an Ultrasound. Why? No reason other than she has a 100% paid plan.

Yes, we can read and know what you were asking, Bill. It doesn't matter the cost people still need catastrophic coverage at minimum. The HSA is a good answer. It appears to me yet another revamping is in the offing. I cannot see the current system holding up. It is already imploding.

8. Ann H

Ann H Guru

State:
    Arizona
    1. Every thread on this forum seems to take a turn in an odd direction.

2. The end theme of every thread is the necessity of purchasing health insurance and purchasing it from an agent. Otherwise, why are we here?

:laugh:

Ann H, Jul 10, 2015
  9. somarco

somarco GA Medicare Expert

State:
    Georgia
    You should start a new thread with this title. Who knows what direction it will take.

somarco, Jul 10, 2015
  10. bill3173

bill3173 Guru

State:
    North Carolina
    I needed a Lotus Esprit when I was 25 a lot more than most people need health insurance, but I couldn't pay for it.

Sadly, the great car is out of production and has been for many years..they were going to bring it back last year, but the plans were cancelled.