DOES Anyone Know how Primerica Insurance Works??

Very little and very sparse I did my 4x4 qualifying me for the bonus only to find out it is really 4x6 and I have yet to be paid for that bonus and its been over 2 months

----------

I did a 1100 dollar policy at which 50% is 550 when I last went to kindergarten but my pay is only going to be 266.00 plus 70.00 in 11 months with an explanation that I am paid lower due to clients age all I could say was hmmmm I was dumb founded on how they tell you one percent and actually pay another just tell me the commission varies and I could understand but that's not what we are told so I'm dummbfounded

How strange so they told you due to his age? Are you licensed? ?

Yes I am licensed and I have now been told its due to age, the first response from my rvp was he didn't know, then I was told that my upline gets a part of my commission, and today I was told its due to the clients age.... Again I just say hmmmm. We are also told its all about the fna yet I still today have not been trained on the fna just told to set the appointments and my trainer goes and does thw presentation and therefore gets half of whatever my commission is cause he did the work. So I personally have not been doing the rule of 72 presentation and just doing my life appointments so I don't need my trainer with me on my appointments allowing me to get all of my commission which still has not totalled 50%. I had one commission pay that just brought a smile to my face as I seen the 13 dollar deposit in my bank LOL I just had to laugh at that one. Don't get me wrong, I am willing to accept the lower commision I am not happy with the lack of knowledge when I point things out, the lack of actual training on the product, I can recruit all day I have been well versed on that portion of the business and had7 recruits in my first 2 months but I now refuse to recruit as I refuse to give people information that is not accurate and to have people working their butts off for no pay for who knows how long is just wrong to me. I was told my life sales made before I get licensed would be banked and released once I got my license and that too is not true, my trainer got paid on those and I was donating my training time. I was told fingerprints are repaid to you yet 8 weeks after being licensed I still have not got those funds, I was told we have the lowest prices when indeed our quotes are much higher than other companies and I personally will continue to work for them till I find work but I will be using an alternate company for my insurance as its 20 bucks a month cheaper for 100k more coverage.

----------

The best part of working here is the knowledge of the rule of 72 but I already knew it when I joined the company, and the people I work with are very friendly I can't lie and say different its a great group of different personalities a lot of reps truely believe they are helping people and do so with the right intentions but its not always the true ending. Not everyone can afford 10% of their income being invested 20 bucks can be a lot of money depending on the persons situation, and to say we help people get out of debt yet only try to help 5 pointers what about the low income family that truely does need help. To be considered middle class you actually have to have an income that's pretty good so the ones that don't earn that middle class status don't deserve help. They are the ones that need life insurance the most. And why are we considered not fully helping a client if we don't get the insurance and investment, what if they don't want to invest but don't want a car wash done to bury them. Some of the concepts are just contradicting and wrong while others are great. Guess it all depends on each individual, I personally don't see anything wrong with whole life insurance but again that's my individual opinion some can benefit from term and have the ability to invest the difference but others need to have whole life for that garunteed price for life not for a given amount of time. You may be the next million dollar earner but for me I think I'm gonna be the 5500 or less per year average we see in our contract

I am currently a Primerica rep in California I am new in the life insurance world and can already say after 4short months of being with primerica...don't do it. I have been promoted to district leader at the 50% income yet only being paid 30 percent hearing every explanation under the sun none making any sense. I have not been trained on how to move the product but on how to recruit recruit recruit. I am currently trying to find another way to do life insurance and still stay home with my baby.

You have to realize that you can sell any other company's term life insurance and offer your customers a better rate PLUS make 80% to 100% commission all day long with no recruiting.

You don't need Primerica to sell term life insurance.

Check out Shaw American out of Louisville or look here on the forum for brokers that specialize with term cases.

I'm assuming you like the concept of term for everyone.

Shaw may be OK but wanted me to lie to start with them. And, don't they require you to assign commissions?

Not street level but any amount over street is paid to you by Shaw. The main part is direct from the company.

It's a little odd but for the small amount of term and UL I do they are pretty convenient and have nice free quotes and forms for the iPad/iPhone.

And it's worth the price of admission to hear their marketers call and try to pitch you the hottest new fad in insurance...final expense! They know zero about FE or annuities but are fine if you stick to term.

Not street level but any amount over street is paid to you by Shaw. The main part is direct from the company.

It's a little odd but for the small amount of term and UL I do they are pretty convenient and have nice free quotes and forms for the iPad/iPhone.

And it's worth the price of admission to hear their marketers call and try to pitch you the hottest new fad in insurance...final expense! They know zero about FE or annuities but are fine if you stick to term.

Yeah, I have their quoter and they are always trying to pitch me on their "new" products.

I've never used them mostly because I do so little term and because they encouraged me to lie to get a higher commission.

Thanks guys. I am not particular to term I think the client should have the choice. I am just wanting to work from home and Primerica allowed me to do that with no experience at all. This company has become a rat trap, I have one foot caught on the sticky pad while I'm trying to get out.

th6137 if your RVP won't or can't answer your questions I do know at one time you (agents) could call the home office and get answers. So in short call the home office and let them explain the commission questions you may have.

If you are considering making a move to another IMO I would suggest you read your IBA a few times to understand what's involved if you leave or are planning on leaving.

Back