Does anyone really get "rich" selling Medicare

Snapped?? Not sure what you mean. Do you think I am upset? angry? Discouraged?

I never said any such thing about the CS, All I said was it is on par with Medicare, probably a little more, which is not terrible

However out of a book of 50 I have got about a dozen calls, but minimal stuff but still stuff

And what do you mean no its not? You have to renew Plans, this year I went to renew I had a few in VA and they could not because they had to go to state exchange and can no longer buy through me on fed exchange

Next year I found this is going to happen GA

Not too many but I lost about 3 in VA and probably will lose half dozen in GA

Which is why I am hesitant to market and spend time on it
Ill take what comes easy

But honestly its not stable
What are you talking about renewing plans.? 50% of my clients I’ve never moved in 3-4 yrs . I’ve had same plan 5 yrs . I know you haven’t done this long but plans if you do nothing auto renew if you do nothing . I will agree with one thing you said . Overall aca is not near as stable book as Medicare . If you work leads your looking at about 50% 4 yr persistency. You really need to work small businesses to have better persistency

And listen that is besides that fact the agents come in and steel your clients without their knowledge

I have one ref daughter of a long term client, she is pregnant, she was in a bad plan and had the right income I was able to put her in a much better plan and she was supper happy

but she called yesterday to add the baby and I found the previous agent switched her back

She is going to complain but still
Again for the little I put into it I am not complaining

Just saying its not the next coming you are making it out to be

I deal with this issue too much. When you help a person find a better plan, and then someone comes along right away flips them back. Medizeus is just making this worse. Wanna take bets on how long until Medizeus gets shutdown?

Some of these are pretty obvious. Client is on an outdated plan, or they no longer have LIS, or their LIS no longer subsidizes their new premium.

I just had it happen, last month to a lady, and yesterday to a newer client.

I should take somarcos advice and sell more medigap to people that don’t watch Joe Namath ads.

There is a noticeable shift in the market, of people being enrolled in the green H right now, which leads me to believe there must be some marketing dollars still up for grabs….

I deal with this issue too much. When you help a person find a better plan, and then someone comes along right away flips them back. Medizeus is just making this worse. Wanna take bets on how long until Medizeus gets shutdown?

Some of these are pretty obvious. Client is on an outdated plan, or they no longer have LIS, or their LIS no longer subsidizes their new premium.

I just had it happen, last month to a lady, and yesterday to a newer client.

I should take somarcos advice and sell more medigap to people that don’t watch Joe Namath ads.

There is a noticeable shift in the market, of people being enrolled in the green H right now, which leads me to believe there must be some marketing dollars still up for grabs….

I hear you what I am talking about is ACA the old agent switches plan back to them without ever speaking to the client

They just go into health sherpa and put themselves as agent of record and changes plan

What are you talking about renewing plans.? 50% of my clients I’ve never moved in 3-4 yrs . I’ve had same plan 5 yrs . I know you haven’t done this long but plans if you do nothing auto renew if you do nothing . I will agree with one thing you said . Overall aca is not near as stable book as Medicare . If you work leads your looking at about 50% 4 yr persistency. You really need to work small businesses to have better persistency

Last year was my first year ACA since Obama care

And I was told the client needs to be put into the new years plan

I found that a lot of plans no longer were going into the new year
and I got paid on NONE of the VA clients that is not state based exchange
having done nothing became I cannot do anything on the state exchange

So what am I missing?

Now as far as clients that are not going state based I am not really losing any other then the fact I have issue with some previous agents trying to steal the client back without their knowledge

apart from this what am I missing?

I can’t speak of going from federal exchange to state exchange with the aor . Does the federal exchange just not send the whole client file with the aor to state exchange ? Maybe someone who’s been through this can answer this

I can’t speak of going from federal exchange to state exchange with the aor . Does the federal exchange just not send the whole client file with the aor to state exchange ? Maybe someone who’s been through this can answer this

But that is exactly what you were blasting me about. saying that you lose the buis when they go state exchange

But that is exactly what you were blasting me about. saying that you lose the buis when they go state exchange
And I’m saying again although I have no experience with this it’s got to be the case . I’d have heard it before if agents lost big clients when this happens. Anyway aca’s not near as persistent business overall as Medicare especially with leads

And I’m saying again although I have no experience with this it’s got to be the case . I’d have heard it before if agents lost big clients when this happens. Anyway aca’s not near as persistent business overall as Medicare especially with leads

Medicare has yet to do as aca has like with the state based crossover
this is not to say they may not adopt some ting like that in the future
it just hasn't happened yet

that is just in the short term memory

lets not forget ACA at one time went $0 commissions

Medicare has yet to do that

Medicare does not allow agent to just go into a system and change AORs either
Therefore Medicare at least as of right now is more stable by miles

but like any other govt program it is subject to change

Medicare has yet to do as aca has like with the state based crossover
this is not to say they may not adopt some ting like that in the future
it just hasn't happened yet

that is just in the short term memory

lets not forget ACA at one time went $0 commissions

Medicare has yet to do that

Medicare does not allow agent to just go into a system and change AORs either
Therefore Medicare at least as of right now is more stable by miles

but like any other govt program it is subject to change

But supposedly you can’t go in state system and change aor as client must get in system themselves

And what do you mean no its not? You have to renew Plans, this year I went to renew I had a few in VA and they could not because they had to go to state exchange and can no longer buy through me on fed exchange
You have to register with the SBE first. Once you have a profile, you help the client set up their profile, either do the app for them or walk them through the app. At the end, you go on your broker profile, look for the client and add them as yours. They get a notification that you claimed them and as long as they don't say they don't want you, they are yours.

I did a few like this on the VA SBE this year.

Back