Does it help at all if I was a nurse?

ZenSamurai

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
New York
Probably a stupid question but I figured I would ask either way. I am interested in returning to sell life insurance and Medicare supplements. I bombed out and went back to school and became an RN. I work in a hospital and nursing home. Would this help at all to be able to close leads?

Go back to school and get your NP degree.
My daughter went the PA route and in her 2nd year is making 6 figures +.

I work in a hospital and nursing home. Would this help at all to be able to close leads?
Are you suggesting your job provides a steady flow of potential clients who actually come to your place of business? I would suggest that's about as ethical as a preacher selling Amway in church.

Would this help at all to be able to close leads?

The key is finding why you weren't closing leads back then. The same issues not resolved will on lead you to disappointment and regret if you try again with out addressing them.

A lead is only an invitation to contact someone. That's it and no more. The lead gives you a reason to contact people who:
  1. Don't want to spend time with you.
  2. Don't want to talk to you about their death.
  3. Don't want to make decisions to prepare for their death.
  4. Don't want to spend their money on death.
Once you see a lead like this, you realize how much of the burden rest on you to:
  1. Make the effort to contact people.
  2. Create a reason for them to listen to you.
  3. Elicit the emotion to needed to move them toward a solution.
  4. Empower them to make a financial investment to solve the need.

Probably a stupid question but I figured I would ask either way. I am interested in returning to sell life insurance and Medicare supplements. I bombed out and went back to school and became an RN. I work in a hospital and nursing home. Would this help at all to be able to close leads?

"Close" leads? Sure I can see you definitely bringing that up in a sales presentation at some point to add to your credibility. But if someone tells a great story and no one is around to hear it, is it still great?

Study marketing. You can have a crappy product with great marketing and still sell far more of something than if you were a great salesperson with no marketing.

"Close" leads? Sure I can see you definitely bringing that up in a sales presentation at some point to add to your credibility. But if someone tells a great story and no one is around to hear it, is it still great?

Study marketing. You can have a crappy product with great marketing and still sell far more of something than if you were a great salesperson with no marketing.

Good to know you still lurk from time to time.

Trust you have had a great AEP

As others have said its not going to help much until you have someone in front of you to listen.Work on marketing.Nursing gives you an edge when it comes pharmaceuticals and understanding health issues.Most seasoned agents have this as well.

Go ahead and get licensed again. I knew of a nurse who sold part time as a nurse selling IUL's for tax free retirement funds to the medical community.

Back