Does it help at all if I was a nurse?

Probably a stupid question but I figured I would ask either way. I am interested in returning to sell life insurance and Medicare supplements. I bombed out and went back to school and became an RN. I work in a hospital and nursing home. Would this help at all to be able to close leads?

Caveat, NOT, and never have been, an agent.

I would suggest a start by thinking realistically about WHY you want to do this at this time?

Caveat, NOT, and never have been, an agent.

I would suggest a start by thinking realistically about WHY you want to do this at this time?

Many people leave the industry and come back. Once it's in the blood the industry is always in the back of the mind. Which is why never give up the license if possible.

Many people leave the industry and come back. Once it's in the blood the industry is always in the back of the mind. Which is why never give up the license if possible.
Yes, but just wandering around thinking "attempting to sell insurance again would be great" is not likely to lead to any more success the second time around.

If one gets down to their concrete reasons for wanting to do it again, they would be able to compare their motivations and reasons for failure the first time against all the effort and requirements to do the job successfully the second time, and see if they are actually willing and able to do those things.

If one does not have things like the necessary money, technical knowledge, product knowledge, willingness to talk to people, and patience; a second effort may just lead to a greater store of failure and disappointment in the person's life history.

Back