Does Tattoos Affect Sales?

Mark

Guru
5000 Post Club
Georgia
Some agent and I were talking about tattoos. Do you think tattoos really affect sales and have you ever lost a sale from having one where someone can see it?

Appearance have to have some effect on sales. But we are talking about Tattoos.

Some agent and I were talking about tattoos. Do you think tattoos really affect sales and have you ever lost a sale from having one where someone can see it?

I am an old foggy but I would not do business with an agent with a visible tattoo period.

I am an old foggy but I would not do business with an agent with a visible tattoo period.

I'm not an old fart, and I feel the same way. I'd be very reluctant to do business with any professional where I could see a tattoo. Saw an employee of a local bank one day without a dress shirt on, tattoos visible. Never thought the same of him again.

-----------------

Yeah, maybe get a sleeve so that you have as large a conversation piece as possible or perhaps a series of stars on the left side of your face?

I guess it depends upon the tattoo and where it's located.

If they are covered from head to toe like some lunatic, that is definitely not only a deal breaker, but enough to frighten me.

If it is a faded green tattoo of a half naked dancing girl on an old Navy vet's forearm, then that is just cool and no worries.

Tattoos are part of the appearance. If they weren't, people wouldn't get them.

I live in the bay area, so tattoos are a pretty common site. Everything else being equal, I'll work with the person without a tattoo. It is not a show stopper for me though.

Dan

I have a Marine Corps Emblem tattooed on my arm. You can't see it unless I'm wearing a polo and then only the bottom part of it. I've never had an issue with it. I have another tattoo also. I'd like to get more, but again where people can't see them. I've actually had a tattoo help me get a few sales before. Normally I appear as a stuffy old tight ass insurance agent, but when you get into a house with someone else who has a tattoo and you show them your tattoo, you now come across as a more real person to them.

I know it does matter to some though. To me it's a personal thing and if someone chooses not to do business with me because of it so be it. I also have a goatee. Some people don't like to do business with people with facial hair either. The bottom line you can't please all of the people all of the time, so just be yourself and screw what other people think, but act and look as professional as possible.

Now that I sell over the internet and phone it really isn't an issue anyway.

I have a Marine Corps Emblem tattooed on my arm. You can't see it unless I'm wearing a polo and then only the bottom part of it. I've never had an issue with it. I have another tattoo also. I'd like to get more, but again where people can't see them. I've actually had a tattoo help me get a few sales before. Normally I appear as a stuffy old tight ass insurance agent, but when you get into a house with someone else who has a tattoo and you show them your tattoo, you now come across as a more real person to them.

I know it does matter to some though. To me it's a personal thing and if someone chooses not to do business with me because of it so be it. I also have a goatee. Some people don't like to do business with people with facial hair either. The bottom line you can't please all of the people all of the time, so just be yourself and screw what other people think, but act and look as professional as possible.

Now that I sell over the internet and phone it really isn't an issue anyway.

The Marine Corp tattoo wouldn't affect me. It might even help. I respect all of the Marines I have known except for a childhood friend who came back from Vietnam as crazy as a loon.

The Marine Corp tattoo wouldn't affect me. It might even help. I respect all of the Marines I have known except for a childhood friend who came back from Vietnam as crazy as a loon.
I think I would still respect and try to understand someone like that. He's probably had to deal with a lot more than most of us ever care to. Hopefully he's getting help from the VA.

I think I would still respect and try to understand someone like that. He's probably had to deal with a lot more than most of us ever care to. Hopefully he's getting help from the VA.

I respected his service but when his behaviour endangered my life he became someone I avoided.

Back