Doing a Radio Show. Need Some Advice.

I bought air time on a local radio show. Four half hour shows on Monday afternoons. I have already done one. I am doing the next one on the importance of LOng term Care insurance. Any tips on how to get people to call who will want to book appointments?

I bought air time on a local radio show. Four half hour shows on Monday afternoons. I have already done one. I am doing the next one on the importance of LOng term Care insurance. Any tips on how to get people to call who will want to book appointments?

put on side one of Led Zeppelin IV......

The best way to get them to engage is the same as through a website. Give a call to action that provides something of value, free, first. Only after having provided something of value can you present to them something that appears to be an offer to make a purchase.

It's actually beneficial to do this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that if you drive them to a website or a toll-free number, either staffed or with an effective voicemail, they leave their information and you accumulate potential leads. Those folks, managed properly through follow-up (autoresponder delivering the content and a mailing list), should eventually drive business.

Driving them to a point of sale immediately from the show would be less effective. By sending them to a website and/or a toll-free number to get your "Free Report on the Top 10 Mistakes Made with LTC Insurance", etc, you will get an immediate gauge of the show's reach and potential impact, too.

You need to sell the listeners as to why they need to contact you and schedule an appoimtment to discuss this matter. Make sure you come across as an expert and not just some regular joe trying to make a quick sale. It's a complicated product

You're all wrong.

The answer depends on listener demographics.

If the station listeners are younger, you need to talk about their parents and how they'll could end up having to pay for nursing care or lose their parents house/inheritance.

Explain what medicaid does to the cash value inside life policies that arent inside a trust and the 5 year lookback medicaid does.

If they're older, explain the burden they could be placing on the children.

More men, explain about the financial implications and math of the situation, more women, explain more about the conditions of medicaid nursing homes, and how there are better/nicer options out there.

Radio, like other target mediums, needs to be targeted toward your market segment. Just saying, talk about x isn't going to be accurate without knowing something about the target demographic.

I agree 100%, and I'll add this. On the radio spot, provide them with info that will either make them question what they already have or trigger a need.

For example, I compared HSA'a and Co pay plans, then calculated the quotes (of a caller if possible) in real time to show the differences. When people heard they could save hundreds annually (after understanding the benefits), they flooded the phones for more information.

The best way to get them to engage is the same as through a website. Give a call to action that provides something of value, free, first. Only after having provided something of value can you present to them something that appears to be an offer to make a purchase.

It's actually beneficial to do this for a number of reasons, not the least of which is that if you drive them to a website or a toll-free number, either staffed or with an effective voicemail, they leave their information and you accumulate potential leads. Those folks, managed properly through follow-up (autoresponder delivering the content and a mailing list), should eventually drive business.

Driving them to a point of sale immediately from the show would be less effective. By sending them to a website and/or a toll-free number to get your "Free Report on the Top 10 Mistakes Made with LTC Insurance", etc, you will get an immediate gauge of the show's reach and potential impact, too.

Back