Door Knocking Aged Leads

captain94

Guru
100+ Post Club
Has anyone tried to Door Knocked Aged Internet leads?
I door Knock DM leads with a lot of success and also have Cold Door Knocked and had success in rural areas.
I was considering adding Aged Internet Leads to my marketing. I sell Medsupps and FE so it would be the over 65 market.

Has anyone tried this, and if so what are some of the problems they have had.

I door Knock DM leads with a lot of success and also have Cold Door Knocked and had success in rural areas.
I was considering adding Aged Internet Leads to my marketing. I sell Medsupps and FE so it would be the over 65 market.

The question is do you act like you are just out randomly knocking on doors, or do you say, hey I know you wanted to buy some insurance the other day.

With DM leads I show them the leads and ask "Do you have a minute?"
I was thinking of trying this with aged Internet leads also. Just wandering if anyone has done this with Internet leads and if so what was the success rate.

It will be the law of numbers again. I think that you can make anything work, if you try hard enough.

Just by door knocking any door, sooner or later you will end up with a good prospect.

It is going to depend on how old the lead is. If it is only 30 to 90 days old you will have less success, my experience, than if they are six to eighteen months old.

When I work aged, "old, no good", leads I like to have the really old ones. Even if they made a purchase when first contacted chances are that they may have already received a premium increase.

When premiums increase seniors go shopping.

I've done both and concluded that door knocking on DM had a better return. It is more expensive with DM than aged internet leads, but the coversion rate for me was much higher with DM.

Knocking on aged internet leads was profitable, but not as profitable as DM. The main issue was that the aged internet leads were much more wary at the door because they had been bothered so much already via the phone.

The newer the aged lead, the more likely they were to remember the original request. However, the more fresh the endless phone calls were in their mind. So you have to take the good with the bad there.

I recommend throwing a few aged internet leads into your mix to see how it goes. At this point, we have gotten our DM lead cost down to a point that most agents are comfortable with the cost and very satisfied with the return.

Additionally, I would recommend expanding your product line even more since you may need to maximize your actual sits with rural prospects. Note: Most of my experience is in a suburban setting.

The newer the aged lead, the more likely they were to remember the original request. However, the more fresh the endless phone calls were in their mind. So you have to take the good with the bad there.

I started my insurance career by taking old, no good, not interested leads that other agents in the office said couldn't be sold. Many of them were at least six to twelve months old. They were free because no one else wanted them so I got all I wanted. The "fresh", "hot" ones were $25 each. Most weeks I lead the office in sales, there were fourteen agents working out of that branch office.

What you wrote above is exactly why I don't consider the "newer" aged lead a true aged lead. To me the newer ones are just leads that were delivered late to the agent.

People who have sent them in have been hammered by agents. If they were serious about purchasing they have already done so. If not then all they are is a pissed off prospect when the agent calls. Wait until those leads are real "aged leads" as in at least six months old, twelve to eighteen months old is even better.

Personally, I would never purchase direct mail leads again. In my opinion they are the absolute worst and the biggest waste of money. Unless, an agent can find ones what are, again, six to eighteen months old. Those can be like little nuggets of gold.

Another thing agents need to do is, on a regular basis, recycle the leads they get. If they aren't doing that then they missing a lot of sales and wasting a whole lot of time and money. Recycling old leads makes selling much easier and more profitable.

if someone showed up at my house and knocked on my door, they would never get in , never, in my area you would have the police called on you, you uninvited, just because i sent somthing in to you i did not tell you to come on over

DM would be much easier because you can show them the card they mailed back, and jog their memory. With aged internet leads, all you have is a copy of your lead from your email, and in my experience internet life leads are bogus more than 50% of the time.That is a lot of gas being wasted on bogus leads.

Latest posts

Back