E telequote ... vs. EHealth, GoHealth, SelectQuote and Exact Medicare ...

MedicareMutt

Super Genius
Been checking all these agencies out recently ... EHealth and SelectQuote wanted access to my current book ... EHealth looks pretty good except that they use outbound lead calls ... Exact medicare uses inBound. Any body got intel on the last too above and beyond "they suck ..." does anyone know anybody who has been with the last 2 for any amount of time, etc ..?

What are you looking to figure out? I mean it really all depends on their contracts with you at the time of signing. Typically they aren’t Indy based

What are you looking to figure out? I mean it really all depends on their contracts with you at the time of signing. Typically they aren’t Indy based
I understand that any business written through them and their provided leads belongs to them. I would keep my existing book. I'm wondering if anybody knows the difference in lead quality and consistency between them primarily.

Been checking all these agencies out recently ... EHealth and SelectQuote wanted access to my current book ... EHealth looks pretty good except that they use outbound lead calls ... Exact medicare uses inBound. Any body got intel on the last too above and beyond "they suck ..." does anyone know anybody who has been with the last 2 for any amount of time, etc ..?
Are you wanting to keep your book of business? Those agencies will not let you do that! You will get paid a decent amount and have benefits but you are the employee.

The beauty of this business is renewals and owning your book . Just off my book I’m generating in the off season 8 plus Medicare sales and 6-8 life sales every months . Aep I’ll get 40-50 referral sales . Renewals are so powerful . You work for select quote , e health etc your nothing but an hourly employee basically with no renewals . You’ll be grinding day in day out forever .

I appreciate your comment and am fully aware of these things. My situation is that I now have a medical issue making it hard to get around. My wife can write business in her name and build our existing book. So that end of the business is there. E Telequote offer benefits ... they pay about 550 a month and set me up with a health plan. 2500 ded. HSA. Costs me nothing. right now I am on an ACA plan with a 7400 ded. then 50% coinsurance with an annual o.o.p of 9400 ... this is for each of us. Family O.O.P is 18,800. This costs us about $110 a month. So there's that. On releases, I've learned that the longest a carrier can make you wait is 3 months. They call that a "delayed" release. Of course one wants an "immediate" release if and when.

Last edited:
I appreciate your comment and am fully aware of these things. My situation is that I now have a medical issue making it hard to get around. My wife can write business in her name and build our existing book. So that end of the business is there. E Telequote offer benefits ... they pay about 550 a month and set me up with a health plan. 2500 ded. HSA. Costs me nothing. right now I am on an ACA plan with a 7400 ded. then 50% coinsurance with an annual o.o.p of 9400 ... this is for each of us. Family O.O.P is 18,800. This costs us about $110 a month. So there's that. On releases, I've learned that the longest a carrier can make you wait is 3 months. They call that a "delayed" release. Of course one wants an "immediate" release if and when.
Sorry to hear that my friend! I worked in a call center for 10 years and I loved it. The call center I worked at went under. I made a good living and made some lifelong friends. I am happy being independent; but I still miss my work people. If you live near KC I would suggest Spring Venture Group. They pay really well and give residuals.

Don't cry for me Argentina .. "the truth is I never really liked ya ... " BAAAAAAAAAAAAH !!! That's a joke --- I say that's a joke son!!! Well, we head'n for A.E.P., so I gotta move in short order ... was looking close at E tele and also Exact Medicare. me wonder if this Spring Venture Group offers remote work ... cheers. *** I just found SVG online ... they are a sub. of SelectQuote ..? Fun fact - just found out that E- telequote is a sub. of PrimeAmerica ... hmmmmmmmmmmmmm ...

Last edited:
I understand what your your saying . I pay around $920 a month for a gold plan as I get zero subsidy. It’s the downside of self employment. Unfortunately the pressure of staying employed at a call center is tough . To make good money the hrs will be long . Also they’ll be watching your production like a hawk and having big production requirements.I’m curious . I’ve read once you place the business there’s no chargeback ? Is that true?The call center has to be monitoring peoples business for rapid disenrollments . The plan must stay on the books till the 4 th month are they get charged back.What’s the base pay like $20 an hr and $50-$75 an app? I know personally I save before they go active on avg 5 plus plans month in month out that were flipped by call centers .90% plus of the leads I work I’m replacing call center business .In the call center 90% of the business you write will be dual/ lis . Super easy to write and super easy to replace . Thats why to suceed with that business long term and build a book it must be face to face ti build a relationship.

Back