Eli Lilly to cut insulin prices, cap costs at $35 for many people with diabetes

Insulin prices have sky rocketed under all administrations.

Numerous articles.

I'll just post this one.

Got to actually work a little today.

"According to 2017 data from the Health Care Cost Institute, insulin prices nearly doubled from 2012 to 2016, with the average price for a 40-day supply of insulin increasing from $344 to $666 during that span."
[EXTERNAL LINK] - U.S. House votes to cap insulin cost at $35 per month.

Insulin prices have sky rocketed under all administrations.

Numerous articles.

I'll just post this one.

Got to actually work a little today.

"According to 2017 data from the Health Care Cost Institute, insulin prices nearly doubled from 2012 to 2016, with the average price for a 40-day supply of insulin increasing from $344 to $666 during that span."
[EXTERNAL LINK] - U.S. House votes to cap insulin cost at $35 per month.

Here's the thing though, wino. Insulin has been going up and up regardless of admins because its price has had nothing to due with politicians, everything to do with American manufacturers of insulin price gouging US citizens, while selling the same product for pennies on the dollar everywhere else in the world.

What you're consistently missing in this case is that pols on one side explicitly and specifically have been trying to bring the cost of insulin down, and pols from the other side have just as consistently and specifically thwarted all efforts by the other side to cap insulin prices.

@DayTimer so one party is a stronger party or one is so inept it can't accomplish
XY or Z? Even when they have all the marbles. <insert Obama here>

But, they care.

Oh, and do I think Eli Lillie cares? Um, nope. Going to be interesting to see what they got this time.

''What you're consistently missing in this case ... '' I Reread my previous post and it seems I was only consistent on the 'two sides of the same coin ' thing. Or, more likely, I don't get your point. You guys are the smart ones. I am just a frail old man.. :1cool:

I wonder who will be blamed when there is disruption in the insulin supply chain when the lower margins are not worth additional expansion. Oh, and I'm sure many will be laid off at lilly. But, dems know whats best for you

Eli Lilly is among the largest pharmaceutical company in the world based on 2021 revenue of more than $28.31 billion.

They can afford it. More importantly, consumers will benefit. Thanks Eli Lilly.

Latest posts

Back