Eli Lilly to cut insulin prices, cap costs at $35 for many people with diabetes

So lets all pay 4x higher prices for everything, so that the tax man doesn't compensate by charging higher taxes?

Wait, wait, so you are cool with Eli Lilly charging as much as they like. As long as you only pay $35. And I (tax payer) pay the rest. There is that fuzzy math you are always using.

Wait, wait, so you are cool with Eli Lilly charging as much as they like.
Your argument is that Eli will make up the difference in other ways, so let's not establish a price ceiling in insulin. So you're cool with Eli gouging on insulin (a product you likely don't use), as long as they don't raise prices on other products (that you're more likely to use). Essentially you're asking insulin users to subsidize your prescription needs.

Your argument is that Eli will make up the difference in other ways, so let's not establish a price ceiling in insulin. So you're cool with Eli gouging on insulin (a product you likely don't use), as long as they don't raise prices on other products (that you're more likely to use). Essentially you're asking insulin users to subsidize your prescription needs.

What are you talking about?

As usual you are telling me what I mean or believe based on your agenda.

And no man, I do not want to subsidize your Viaga or what ever other drugs you are talking about.

What are you talking about?

As usual you are telling me what I mean or believe based on your agenda.

And no man, I do not want to subsidize your Viaga or what ever other drugs you are talking about.
So you're ok with Eli gouging on insulin then. Ok....got it.

To be clear, I am thrilled that insulin is capped at $35. Out of pocket. But I am skeptical that Eli Lilly is not going to collect the difference from me, the tax payor.

Not going to happen. This is Lilly simply front-running the inevitable. The legislation that capped insulin did not reimburse drug manufacturers. IT was capping insulin stateside a price that the manufactures charge in much of the rest of the world (with some unfortunate exceptions). The law was going to pass sooner or later.

Cost of Insulin by Country 2023 (worldpopulationreview.com)

Back