Evercare

If your client qualifies for the SPAP, then she may be on Medicaid. If that is the case, she can qualify for the dual eligible SNP and not have to have a chronic illness.

The easiest way to qualify people for a SEP is to get LIS through SOcial Security...

1.800.772.1213... Ask to apply for a Low Income Drug Subsidy.... Sometimes they give you confirmation over the phone.... From there I try to qualify them for extra subsidies (QMB, Medicaid) Which is through the State.

I'm in WI. I believe Wellcare put a freeze on their Duet SNP, and we can not enroll anymore people in it. I use Wellcare a lot for MA's, but never got into the SNP's.
WellCare does not have a SNP. They marketed it as such but the Duet plan was simply and 80/20 plan just like Medicare with the same deductibles. They do throw in a few bucks for asprin each month and in some states decent vision and HMO dental.

Don't confuse that plan with a true SNP.

Rick

I sat with a client yesterday to see if I could get her in the MA plan that her other family members are in. My MA has a plan that she could join by having HBP,HC, or diabetes. She had none so I am in the process of helping her apply for our state's prescription discount plan to create an SEP. Medcare showed that she was being enrolled in part "D" effective 6/01/08. I checked Medicare .gov and it claims she will have Evercare. I wonder how these agents are getting people in these plans that have NO health problems?

Not all of Evercares products are SNP's.

That pretty much explains it.

WellCare may be bought out by United Health Care (Evercare). That could explain the stop on selling some of their plans.

I read it in Sunday's paper, business section. Then I emailed the FMO and she said she did hear about it, but would not comment about it.

The stop on the Duet was because of the marketing. Like the man said, it isn't a true SNP, but was being Marketed in that fashion. Wellcare redid all of their marketing (got the cool flip books today), and it can be sold or will be released soon. I haven't checked that too close since I never sell it. didn't see the buyout thing.
:cool:

Back