Exchange Plan Users Face Calls About 'inconsistencies'

Duaine

Guru
100+ Post Club
Many of the consumers who bought "qualified health plan" (QHP) coverage through the public exchange system are scrambling to back up the information they put in their applications. The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is following up on "inconsistencies" between the information consumers put in their own Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) exchange applications and information coming from other sources, such as the Internal Revenue Service and the Social Security Administration.

Customers who get exchange inconsistency notices have 30 days to upload documents supporting their application answers into their HealthCare.gov accounts or to mail the documents to a HealthCare.gov office. Customers who fail to supply the requested information in time could lose their QHP coverage.

CMS officials talk about the hunt for inconsistencies in a slide deck posted on the CMS website over the weekend.

States with state-based exchanges are in charge of their own effort to look into application problems. CMS is handling the hunt for the exchanges it runs directly for its parent, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).

CMS File Attached:

Attachments

• Data Problems-CMS.pdf
    1.6 MB · Views: 7
WASHINGTON: Undercover probe finds health law failings - Business Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

The nonpartisan Government Accountability Office says its undercover investigators were able to get subsidized health care under fake names in 11 out of 18 attempts. The GAO is still paying premiums for the policies, even as the Obama administration attempts to verify phony documentation.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Undercover probe finds health law failings - Business Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

Among the findings:

—Contractors processing applications for the government told the GAO that their role was not to ferret out potential fraud.

—Five of six bogus phone applications went through successfully. The one exception involved an applicant who refused to provide a Social Security number.

—Six online applications were snagged by an identity checking system. But investigators just dialed a call center and all six were approved. That seemed to be an open pathway to coverage.

—The GAO also tried to check the reliability of counselors providing in-person assistance. In five out of six cases, investigators were unable to get help. In the final case, the counselor correctly told the undercover investigator that their stated income would not entitle them to subsidized coverage.

Read more here: WASHINGTON: Undercover probe finds health law failings - Business Breaking News - MiamiHerald.com

proof that the call ctr and in person assisters are worthless as teets on a boar hog.

Au contraire Mr. Potato Head.

Navigators et al are the perfect hucksters to perpetuate and grow this scam.

I recieved a letter saying I needed to send them documents to verify. I called them and told them to check last yrs tax returns, that I put down the exact income I reported to the IRS, the Rep said they can not do look at my tax returns.

I ask them why did I have to check the part in the appliaction to give them permission for the next 5 yrs look at my tax returns and figure next yrs preminums out. The Rep said they can not look at my tax returns, I told her she didn't know what she was talking about and I hung up

I recieved a letter saying I needed to send them documents to verify. I called them and told them to check last yrs tax returns, that I put down the exact income I reported to the IRS, the Rep said they can not do look at my tax returns.

I ask them why did I have to check the part in the appliaction to give them permission for the next 5 yrs look at my tax returns and figure next yrs preminums out. The Rep said they can not look at my tax returns, I told her she didn't know what she was talking about and I hung up

If you just remember I'm from the government and an here to help you everything will be alright. I would upload the tax returns and be done with it.

Back