Experience with Gabi.com

I am unwilling to give them access to my current policy website. I autopay my auto insurance and my credit card information is on that website. there is no way I would give anyone access to that.

Your full credit card number should not be visible on ANY site. If it is, I'd suggest getting a new carrier anyway.

Gabi just saved me over $600.00/year. Identical coverages, through a reputable insurer. Progressive, to be specific. I just signed the papers today, so unless something goes to hell for some some unforeseen reason, I don't see any problems with them.

Give them a try. The worst that can happen is you've wasted a few minutes of your time.

We shop for your car and home insurance - save $460 on average!

Did they write your PIP & wage loss as excess or primary? my guess is they wrote it as Excess, meaning you wont get to collect from auto policy if you are disabled in an auto accident & could collect wage loss benefits of up to $5-6k per month from the auto carrier.

Also, did Progressive issue your policy with equal to BI or max Uninsured & Underinsured? with so many Michigan residents driving with no insurance or too low of BI.

Many more potential things for you to check, but these 2 items I mention could make your $600 savings seem paltry if you face any of these real situations.

Also, somewhat common with Progressive is for you policy premium to start out lower with larger discounts that can evaporate over time along with non-at fault claims & comprehensive claims causing rates to increase (or discounts to decrease). read the small print--here is wording in their own website about the various situations in which your rates will increase for not at fault accidents & comprehensive claims over $500 (ie: car deer accidents): Do Insurance Rates Go Up After an Accident?

Even though this post has a long time, I was perplexed about the technology advertised online and the list of carriers it can quote you with.. Gabi (Insurance Broker) can not give you a quote with Geico, Statefarm and Allstate. As most agents know, those are captive agents so Gabi won't be able to give you a quote with them. They are just a broker who has access to same carriers as a midsize insurance agency. Nothing special about it. As a broker once you have the customer added into your rater, you can re-quote the customer at renewal, in case the insured is not satisfied with price. And that is exactly what they are doing. They even ask you for a copy of your dec. page or your password to your online insurance session, so one of its employees have access to your current coverage. As all agents know insurance needs change depending on what happens in life, purchasing a house, getting married, teen driver in household, etc. Gabi only exists to commoditize the car insurance industry and not to revolutionize it. Insurance carriers beware of all these tech insurance agencies that will help you to sell more but will also, help you to lose your shirt. When I requested a quote, they didn't even give me a call to know if the drivers list was accurate, if I was ok with the coverage I have, etc. Long story short. People look for a local broker with good reviews online. I am pretty sure you will have a better experience and you won't be treated as a number. All the best.

"Your Quotes are Pending Review
Thank you for submitting all information necessary to shop around with other carriers. Your quotes are almost ready but they need to be reviewed by our licensed agent. We’ll get back to you within 1-2 business days."

it seems somewhat suspect for any reputable, professional company to advertise in commercials on television every fifteen minutes. the entire scope of the sales pitch is about who, or what is cheapest. which is fine if cheap is your bag, but what happens when you actually need to file a claim? they claim to save on average $800.00 per year. I don't even pay that much a year to begin with. so who is their target audience? irresponsible children? I would rather pay more to a well established local office that will handle business promptly. though I've only filed once in twenty years, all those I know who use this company have the same good things to say. and without a commercial every fifteen minutes.

or they could do to you like they did me and cancel my policy for non- payment which was not accurate. I presented them with the bank draft statement exactly three days before it was even due they collected on and told me I would still have to pay reinstatement fees for cancellation when it was their error for not posting the payment. it wouldn't have been such a big deal if they would have sent me a letter stating my policy was cancelled. instead I had to learn of this when I got a citation for driving with no insurance. if I would have had the resources I could have filed suit, but I simply didn't have the money to do that so I just paid the 36.00 a month to the dps to keep my liscense. other than that and that flo broad they are great

now gabi is starting to chime in on the homeowners insurance market. what an epiphany they had seemingly overnight. they may just underwrite the planet at this rate. what's next? moon travel insurance? I would expect homeowners insurance to be more complex and likely less understood by the average consumer. but those advertisements for cheap, cheap are too irresistible by a lot of people. the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low cost is forgotten.

it wouldn't have been such a big deal if they would have sent me a letter stating my policy was cancelled. instead I had to learn of this when I got a citation for driving with no insurance.
Nonsense. You received an email or mailed letter and chose to ignore it. Insurance does NOT just cancel someone and leave it at that. Or you failed to respond to a renewal notice.
I would rather pay more to a well established local office
And that is what happens when you shop online for the cheapest coverage

Back