Experienced agents PLEASE post to this thread!

My simple list would be:

1. Focus on generating leads. Lead generation is more important than sales skills, although both are important. You need a consistent system of getting in front of people on a favorable basis. Figure this out and it gets much easier.

2. Actually work 8 hours a day. Working means seeing people or fighting to see people.

3. Don't take yourself too seriously. Learn to laugh at yourself.

Yep, having a bunch of people to talk to, is correct. The other day I was screwing around with all my leads, organizing stuff, some are 15 years old!! I had to go into reverse address look-up and see if these people are still living where they did 15 years ago. Bottom line is, I have about 250 names and numbers of folks that I know or I have talked to, or they requested info. Does not mean they are all good leads, but the numbers are good. Get about 200 good prospects going, even if it is by knocking doors, get some names and numbers.

The number of agents working 8 hours a day is very small compared to those that think they work 8 hours a day.

Anybody in this business that's actually counting the number of hours that they work has an "employee" mentality, and doesn't belong in this business.

If it takes four hours a day, great. if it takes sixteen hours a day, so be it. You have to be willing to do whatever it takes to reach the goals you've set.

I really only put about 4-5 hrs a day in - when I used to sell full time. Long lunches and messing around between appointments and just plain being lazy. So, yeah, 8 hrs. a day would be nice- for the paycheck.

I sell group and individual selling. I'm only 4 months in and I have no leads and no-one wanting to be bothered with insurance. I know have a 3rd shift job because i wasnt making any sales. Any suggestions on best practices on lead generation. Milwaukee Wisconsin Independant Agent.

Take control by telling them which chair to sit in. The main buyer to your right and the spouse next to him or her. Don't spend too much time schmoozing.

As a woman, I was always told never to sit next to the husband. Always sit next to the wife. You never want her thinking you are flirting with her husband or that her husband is looking at you in a way he shouldn't be even if there is obviously no reason to think that way. Unfortunately, the wife will automatically say no to anything you are offering if she gets these irrational thoughts in her head. :swoon:

Latest posts

Back