Experienced agents PLEASE post to this thread!

As a woman, I was always told never to sit next to the husband. Always sit next to the wife. You never want her thinking you are flirting with her husband or that her husband is looking at you in a way he shouldn't be even if there is obviously no reason to think that way. Unfortunately, the wife will automatically say no to anything you are offering if she gets these irrational thoughts in her head. :swoon:

As an agent you do not want to sit next to either one of them!

You want the prospect/prospects sitting across from you, always.

You must be able to see their eyes and read their body language. You cannot direct you attention to both of them and you can't successfully do that if they are next to you.

You may disagree but you will make more sales if they are across from you.

As an agent you do not want to sit next to either one of them!

You want the prospect/prospects sitting across from you, always.

You must be able to see their eyes and read their body language. You cannot direct you attention to both of them and you can't successfully do that if they are next to you.

You may disagree but you will make more sales if they are across from you.

Building on Frank's insight--There is a book I read several years ago called The Psychology of Persuasion by Kevin Hogan

He talks about how to arrange prospects depending upon how many there are, what kind of table, etc.

What was more interesting though was his discussion on touching the prospect. Done right, it can really increase rapport. Done wrong and it will kill your sale. It's been a while, but what I remember is that a woman can touch more times than a man (I'm thinking twice?) and has more leeway with where.

A man can touch once and on the wrist or the shoulder. I think w/ like 2 fingers and it can linger for just a second. Interesting read if you're into that kind of stuff.

Although I have nothing to add to this thread, I am posting this only because the OP requested that experienced agents post to this thread. I have fulfilled my duty.

Carry on with your good work. I know it is a dirty job but somebody has to do it and Mike Rowe is nowhere to be found. :no:

Building on Frank's insight--There is a book I read several years ago called The Psychology of Persuasion by Kevin Hogan

He talks about how to arrange prospects depending upon how many there are, what kind of table, etc.

What was more interesting though was his discussion on touching the prospect. Done right, it can really increase rapport. Done wrong and it will kill your sale. It's been a while, but what I remember is that a woman can touch more times than a man (I'm thinking twice?) and has more leeway with where.

A man can touch once and on the wrist or the shoulder. I think w/ like 2 fingers and it can linger for just a second. Interesting read if you're into that kind of stuff.

I think that stuff works.

Back