F2F Enrollment Only on MAPD

Humana has an online enrollment through their portal. Send the customer the finished app through Humana link, they accept and its done. I did this all last year, no issues. The only drawback is the customer has to have an email.
the senior has to key in their name for electronic signature ?

Humana has an online enrollment through their portal. Send the customer the finished app through Humana link, they accept and its done.
I did this all last year, no issues.
The only drawback is the customer has to have an email.

I did that also until one less than brilliant client couldn't figure out how to sign the link. So she did what she was told to do and called Humana.

Inside sales stole the client by enrolling her over the phone. I went back and forth with them trying to get my client back. "You can get an AOR letter and we'll pay you renewal next year."

Finally they asked if I did this F2F. I told them if F2F this wouldn't have been an issue. I was then informed that all enrollments must be F2F (and referenced CMS incorrectly) and if not it was a Class A (?) violation along with putting me on double secret probation.

Although everyone does this, Humana says it's not allowed. Just another reason to hate the debil.

Rick

Humana has an online enrollment through their portal. Send the customer the finished app through Humana link, they accept and its done. I did this all last year, no issues. The only drawback is the customer has to have an email.

I do that with PDP, but was told had to have F2F to get paid on MAPD. The market manager here in Atlanta is adamant that we can only use the online enrollment when we are F2F with the beneficiary.

Luckily there are several other carriers to use besides Humana. Carriers who actually pretend to appreciate agents.

I do that with PDP, but was told had to have F2F to get paid on MAPD. The market manager here in Atlanta is adamant that we can only use the online enrollment when we are F2F with the beneficiary.

Luckily there are several other carriers to use besides Humana. Carriers who actually pretend to appreciate agents.

You know I have had his with other companies too, 1 manager is adamant has to be face to face another say's over the phone is fine. I think these ins companies like to keep it a gray area.

I actually called in last year about this and heard from them directly to esend the app to the client to complete if I couldn't do a F2F.

And therein lies the problem. You call and talk to someone and they say you can, but you hear from the management in the field saying you can't (for what it's worth, I've called in and been told the same thing). To be safe, whenever Humana is the right fit for the client, I do it F2F for MAPD. For PDP, I use the e-app (no way I'm driving to see someone to complete ANY PDP app - and especially Humana's app because it sucks to fill out). I figure if I don't get the PDP commission it isn't a big deal. So far I've been paid on all those PDP e-apps (and I've done a good number of them on the e-app format). I suspect if I did the MAPD enrollment that way I would get paid as well. Just not wanting to risk the $400/$200 commission on it.

And just to reiterate what I've been saying. Here's what the Market Manager for Humana here in Atlanta says regarding mailing enrollment kits. I email him every year and ask about any changes to their rules. This was his response from last year's email (I haven't asked him this year):

Hey Scott, no changes. Humana expects their Agents to sell face-to-face with the member. The only exception is for call center agents and they have very defined scripts to follow per CMS guidance. Have a good weekend!

Now my email didn't ask about doing the e-app, but he has told me before that we have to be F2F for those as well.

Last edited:
Our guys that sell over the phone always do a physical app for MAPD and mail it out. They have had zero issues with doing it this way. I see the problem though as Humana managers apparently have their own rules from area to area, whether real or contrived.

Our guys that sell over the phone always do a physical app for MAPD and mail it out. They have had zero issues with doing it this way. I see the problem though as Humana managers apparently have their own rules from area to area, whether real or contrived.

So your guys, go over the presentation with the client over the phone, complete the paper app, mail it to client for signature and wait for them to mail it back to you? Do you send SOA with the paper app or before?

Back