Facebook Marketing

It's a strange phenomenon. He's closed-minded EXCEPT for the person asking for THOUSANDS of dollars for his program. I'd expect something a little better for someone with 40 years experience.

Strange only in the sense it isn't rational, otherwise it is quite common. Just another variation of seeking validation.

I'm not joking when I say there are people who can help, but they are also looking for warning signs that someone would be a bad client, and they are all over the place here.

Mafrumkin just pm'd me challenging me, asking my personal info and how much money I make. He's like a little child. Amazing.

Mafrumkin, you came on here for advice. Focus on getting your own house in order first.
I also left you my name and license number. You see Mark, I'm pretty sure that you are not nearly as successful as you pretend to be on this forum. I have no problem sharing my 1099's, do you? If you need help I'll be happy to give you my phone number.

It's a strange phenomenon. He's closed-minded EXCEPT for the person asking for THOUSANDS of dollars for his program. I'd expect something a little better for someone with 40 years experience.

John Savage said "Can you imagine being 60 years of age and wanting a plaque? I'm convinced that three people founded our company: A paper mill, a printing press, and a plaque factory."

But anyway, the forum still delivers on its cost/value proposition again:

10360691_10152844581764010_9034029736571038197_n.png
In what way am I closed minded? I asked for feedback on using FB for marketing and expected to get responses like, "it doesn't work or yes it works and here is what I did." Instead, I received responses along the lines of, "why are you bothering to market? If you were really successful you wouldn't need to market. And you should do what Van Mueller does." None of these responses actually answer my original question.

And I really don't understand your John Savage quote. Do you think I want a plaque or a pat on the back?

Strange only in the sense it isn't rational, otherwise it is quite common. Just another variation of seeking validation.

I'm not joking when I say there are people who can help, but they are also looking for warning signs that someone would be a bad client, and they are all over the place here.
Actually, I think you are joking, because if there really were people on this Forum who had valuable feedback they would probably have come forward. On average you make 4 posts a day 365 days a year for the last 9 years. You may want to consider spending more time writing business and less time giving out advice.

If you have been in the business 39 years, why do you want to advertise? I've been in the business for 7 and stopped advertising a few years ago. Half the business that comes in is from word-of-mouth. The other half are for me proactively asking for referrals, but that's less and less each year because the phone just rings more and more. Everybody I know that's been selling for over 20 years basically just sits and waits for the phone to ring.

If are doing right by your clients and and doing everything you can to help them, why are they not telling their friends and families to call you like me and the other agents I know?

I feel like I'm missing something here. And I may be.

I shared your reply with a dozen friends of mine in the business. Without exception, they thought you were A. a d..k. B. A lot less successful than you represented yourself to be on this forum. C. Destined to be out of the business when you ran out of referrals.

The agency I write through has a big kick-off meeting every year. Every meeting I meet agents who are proud that they are making $60, $70, $100 thousand in commissions. Every one of them thinks they know better than the agents in the top 10 and just don't understand why we do better than them. Does that sound like you Mark?

Having the Principal of a school thank me for helping his/her teachers is far different than wanting a plaque from some insurance company. Though I applaud your lack of ego and selfless devotion that makes you immune to praise. I don't believe it, but I applaud your belief in it.

It sure has been a little slice of heaven meeting all you friendly and helpful people. Since posting my original query I have drilled down on the company that approached me and come to the conclusion that is not value added, however, I would be happy to share the link with anyone who wants it.

BTW, I really do believe that Markthebroker is an egocentric BS artist and would caution anyone from taking his advice on anything.

google Executive Life or Kentucky Central Life or State Mutual Life Assurance.

Don't have to Google them, or Baldwin United, Mutual Benefit, AIG either.

403b market is a niche market. It is also a finite market in many ways.

Perhaps you need to branch out.

Haven't worked the 403b market in years and you are probably right. It is stagnant. No new employers.

You should have a "lock" on that market. If you need more folks look at non-qualified retirement plans funded with annuities. I presume you are selling annuities now, not mutual funds, etc.

someone comes along and says, "I will provide you with solid leads in the Educator market for less than you spend now." it gets me curious.

Sounds like BS to me.

Lots of that out there.

You don't need to waste any time with folks like that.

Could be wrong, but sounds like a huckster looking for fresh meat. Don't touch it. Don't pass it along unless there is someone you don't like and want them to fail.

somarco, I really appreciate your educating me on how the 403b market works.

Doubt I educated you. Pretty sure you know how it works. I just posted that for the benefit of others who do not understand 403b. It's much much more than just a way to peddle annuities.

Back