Facebook Marketing

Hello. I have been in the insurance business since 1979 and 99% exclusively in the 403b market in California since 1985. I have prospected using seminars, direct mail, email and purchased appointments. Recently I was approached by a FMO that is creating Facebook pages and advertising for agents. The catch is the buy in cost, 4-5K to get set up and they want all of my business. They claim their agents are getting 40 clean appointments a month.

A friend of mine in another field told me that was nuts and that I could find any number of companies that specialized in FB marketing for a fraction of the cost. Now I don't mind spending the $$ if I get a reasonable ROI, but this is unknown territory to me.

Is there anyone out there using FB for 403b marketing or retirement marketing? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Hello, we recently did an article on marketing advice which included facebook, maybe it might help: How to Start (or start over) with Social Media Marketing as a Financial Advisor -
The basic concept is to start organically and build around a base. Local targeting can be done yourself. The key here is to get as much out of it without spending much which will maximize your ROI in the long run.

Back