family first life

Feb 23, 2019

  1. Andrew Taylor
    Offline

    Andrew Taylor New Member

    Posts:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    State:
    Nevada
    DHK - yes some of the contracts are lower, but we rarely write those products. The carriers we mainly write pay full comp. The training is excellent, it has helped me issue around 400k per year on my own pen and they pay nice bonuses for producers and agencies. I have been getting around 30k-50k a month in bonuses alone. Of course it’s not perfect and not all carriers pay top comp but I don’t know any company that’s perfect. Here is a picture of one of my monthly checks. I don’t normally share this info but I don’t want agents to be mislead by the chart that was posted. Not all companies work for everyone, but if agents trying to find an IMO FFL is a good one.
     

    Attached Files:

  2. Andrew Taylor
    Offline

    Andrew Taylor New Member

    Posts:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    State:
    Nevada
    FFL uses multiple lead vendors. The lowest FE FB lead is 14.00 and is exclusive. Direct mail FE is 31.00 and mortgage protection ranges from 50.00 to 65.00 depending on the county. Mortgage protection call in leads are 35.00. The agent can choose to use exclusive leads or non exclusive leads or buy leads wherever they want. I used to work for an IMO that made me buy their leads so I have been very happy with FFL letting me do whatever I want but pointing me in the right direction. From my experience, most lead vendors offer FFL agents lower pricing because of the amount of agents they have buying leads.
     
  3. jerryrut
    Offline

    jerryrut Guru

    Posts:
    571
    Likes Received:
    283
    Who is PHP?
     
  4. Newby
    Offline

    Newby Guru

    Posts:
    14,499
    Likes Received:
    1,656
    State:
    Indiana

    Just to be clear, any time an agent is on 140 contract they can accurately calculate their commission by multiplying the 1st year premium times 1.4 and the result is the amount the agent will get for that sale for the first year. With a few companies you have to pull the policy fee out first. Most companies will pay 75% of the total up front and the remaining 25% in months 10, 11, and 12.

    If any agent has a “140 contract” and you get paid any amount less than 1.4 times your annual premium then you have been greatly mislead. No one should ever tolerate such bull hocky that is obviously designed to deceive agents and take money out of their pocket.

    I’m not accusing any of the posters of pulling this stuff on their agents. I don’t know you at all. But that chart that was attached was definitely some scammy BS someone dreamed up to screw over agents. Hopefully it never got implemented.
     
    Newby, Jul 14, 2019
    #64
  5. Rob Lion
    Offline

    Rob Lion Guru

    Posts:
    584
    Likes Received:
    356
    State:
    Alaska
    People helping people they have Kobe Bryant and George w bush speaking at there annual convention . They even had kevin heart next year
     
  6. Andrew Taylor
    Offline

    Andrew Taylor New Member

    Posts:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    State:
    Nevada
    Hi, totally respect your opinion on this and understand where your coming from. To be really transparent, 4 companies with FFL offer the full 140% which are written the majority of the time. There are also 4 carriers FFL uses that do not offer full commission but are still useful for rare situations to get unique cases approved. Not saying that’s right or wrong, that’s just the way it is. All info is given to agents up front and none of it is a trick or secret.
     
  7. Rob Lion
    Offline

    Rob Lion Guru

    Posts:
    584
    Likes Received:
    356
    State:
    Alaska
    Newby owns one of the biggest FE imos around I'm sure he knows lol.
     
  8. Andrew Taylor
    Offline

    Andrew Taylor New Member

    Posts:
    6
    Likes Received:
    0
    State:
    Nevada
    Oh okay. I wouldn’t know because his profile picture is a St. Bernard lol.
     
  9. Rob Lion
    Offline

    Rob Lion Guru

    Posts:
    584
    Likes Received:
    356
    State:
    Alaska
    You wouldn't know because you have 6 posts.
     
  10. Newby
    Offline

    Newby Guru

    Posts:
    14,499
    Likes Received:
    1,656
    State:
    Indiana
    I would never describe our agency as one of the “biggest” FE imos. Quite the opposite actually. One of the smallest as far as number of agents.
     
    Newby, Jul 15, 2019
    #70
Loading...