Federal Court Blocks Medicare Agent Pay Cap Regulations

Be careful! I bet that will change and they will start to care. Remember, companies only cared about growth the last few years now quality will be the focus
The call center I used to work at it would be April-September and I was slinging 60 MAPD a month because of the disaster. Every one was. My call center encouraged it.

1099 . . .

Sometimes I wonder how many agents don't understand what 1099 means. Let me break it down for you.

You pay your own taxes and expenses.
You do not get a car or office allowance allowance
You are paid based on what you produce and earn,
You do not get health insurance, dental, vision or a retirement plan

W-2

If you don't like the 1099 system, work for someone who will provide many of the things listed above and they can fire you (almost) anytime they want. And your gross pay will be about half of what you earn in 1099 commissions.

You don't own your block, the employer does, and they can take it away from you any time they want.

Which is better?

1099 . . .

Sometimes I wonder how many agents don't understand what 1099 means. Let me break it down for you.

W-2

If you don't like the 1099 system, work for someone who will provide many of the things listed above and they can fire you (almost) anytime they want. And your gross pay will be about half of what you earn in 1099 commissions.

Which is better?
Great input! Not sure how this all came about where agents feel entitlement. We are so blessed! Greed puts us here

1099 . . .

W-2

You don't own your block, the employer does, and they can take it away from you any time they want.

Which is better?
1099 - Thursday I leave for my 6th trip since AEP ended and have golfed 36 times, mostly weekday afternoons.

W-2 - You have 15 vacation days to use this year. Plan accordingly.

I can’t think of another profession that pays well over $100.00/hr whether I’m at work or sitting on a beach in Mexico.

The call center I used to work at it would be April-September and I was slinging 60 MAPD a month because of the disaster. Every one was. My call center encouraged it.
Glad it worked and glad you are out of there. Good choice. Be careful doing that on your own. You don’t have the backing anymore. Basically would screw you over as an independent agent. Best to get them during AEP and avoid a big issue.

Glad it worked and glad you are out of there. Good choice. Be careful doing that on your own. You don’t have the backing anymore. Basically would screw you over as an independent agent. Best to get them during AEP and avoid a big issue.
Thanks for the advice. I only have 150 clients within 9 months span. These past few months have been hard. Its been tough to get this going.

1099 . . .

W-2

Which is better?
smart money says 1099, but most of America would say W2

Back