Final Expense Boot Camp

I would also like to know how to approach the church. I called a client today and he is going to talk to the leaders at his church to try to get me in the door (his idea not mine). I also personally know a preacher at a large church that I'm sure could get me in.

I'm thinking a quick 5-6 min introduction/informative speech. Bring some donuts and handouts.

How would you structure it?

I would also like to know how to approach the church. I called a client today and he is going to talk to the leaders at his church to try to get me in the door (his idea not mine). I also personally know a preacher at a large church that I'm sure could get me in.

I'm thinking a quick 5-6 min introduction/informative speech. Bring some donuts and handouts.

How would you structure it?

Offer to do an education event for a church seniors group. Furnish refreshments. No sales just meet and greet and talk about what a senior needs to know. You could talked about how to be prepared for advancing years, declining health, and end of life events. Every senior should have a living will, advanced medical directive, durable power of attorney, and final expense arrangements. You could talk about using life insurance or annuities to leave a legacy to the church. You could talk about Medicare. You could do a whole series. There are a lot of possibilities.

As to who you will have to approach will vary from church to church but the minister should be able to tell you from whom you need. Approval. Make it an informational meeting only.

Promise that you will make no effort to sell anyone anything and keep that promise. Provide a handout card that the attendees can use to request more information.

If you are going to be doing this on a regular basis, invest in a Optima projector and use a power point presentation. Keep your presentation in the 20-30 minute range.. The mind can only absorb what the rear end can endure but that will give you enough time to go into enough detail to pique their interest. Have a question and answer period at the end.

Thanks guys. I appreciate the help. Have any of you done anything like this before? If so what were the results?

It seems like a great idea. Worst case scenario you get to meet a few people and get your name out there.

A couple of years ago I met an assistant pastor at a local church. He invited me to come speak at the young adults class on Wed. evening.
When I went I had NO intention of trying to sell anything, but rather to maybe educate on what life insurance is and does.
I opened the meeting up by introducing myself and telling what I do. I then just asked if anyone had any questions about life insurance. That really got the ball rolling and we just went from there.
I made some friends, got a couple of referrals. But since then I've gotten a few sales from it. By doing it in a very laid back manner, I felt that I did more of a service by answering questions and not being a pushy salesman.
It also led to a couple of more meetings at the Ruritan club.
So it probably wouldn't hurt in asking a Pastor if they thought that one of their senior or even young adult classes would benefit in an agent coming by to answer any questions that they may have.
This is just my experience, maybe it could work for someone else.

My uncle is successful doing the church seminar. Spends about 15 minutes in front of the church, gives a little spiel about the importance of planning and leaving a legacy (which covers life insurance). He passes out cards and follows up with people. He has submitted a good amount of business doing it 14 apps from one mass. Something I myself will look into doing, but I am probably more of a after-mass class type of guy.
I guess I understand why my uncle does only a quick 15 minute intro in front of the mass. The churches he goes to can be a bit ghetto, best to get the reply cards back and visit them in person...

This thread has certainly taken an interesting turn! haha!

However, I do have a serious question. Exactly how do you go about approaching a church about doing an educational seminar in either FE or Med Supps? Right now I sell Med Supps, I'm cold calling t65s, but am in the process of deciding which companies to contract with for FE and trying to get that going. And I'm in process of contracting UCT for their dental/vision/hearing plan. I think it's a great idea to maybe reach out to the churches in the area, but don't have a clue how one would go about doing that! I've only been doing this for a couple of months. Is there a good 'script', and who do you contact initially? I don't sell MA plans so I don't have to worry about CMS.......

One of the best ways we have found in approaching a church is hitting right up front the "What's in it for me". What the church understands is donations and when you explain Charitable giving to the church utilizing the final expense policy, you usually get face time with the members wether it be one on one or in a group setting.

There are insurance carriers that specialize in this area.

I personally prefer group quick hit meetings to create the need and set individual appointments afterwards. The first meeting topic would be the original way we got in the door and expand into other areas from there, making the meetings a series.

Last edited:
I personally prefer group quick hit meetings to create the need and set individual appointments afterwards. The first meeting topic would be the original way we got in the door and expand into other areas from there, making the meetings a series.

Sound advice ...........

Back