Final Expense Schedule

Monday I do meetings and paperwork. Tuesday while I am doing customer service and whatever else needs to be done my appt setter is setting my appts for wednesday , while I am in the field she sets for thursday and friday. I have my appt set like the cable guy i.e. 9-11am , 11am-1pm , 1pm-3pm ect... I try to hit $3,000 AP each week , somtimes I exceed that sometimes I am well under. JD $200 per lead working 2 days is a crazy number. Are you doing any other prospecting or just mailer leads. When it comes to FE I consider myself a closer but I am not above learning new tricks so don't hold out on us.

Monday I do meetings and paperwork. Tuesday while I am doing customer service and whatever else needs to be done my appt setter is setting my appts for wednesday , while I am in the field she sets for thursday and friday. I have my appt set like the cable guy i.e. 9-11am , 11am-1pm , 1pm-3pm ect... I try to hit $3,000 AP each week , somtimes I exceed that sometimes I am well under. JD $200 per lead working 2 days is a crazy number. Are you doing any other prospecting or just mailer leads. When it comes to FE I consider myself a closer but I am not above learning new tricks so don't hold out on us.

I get my leads from EFES. They are mailer leads. They are the only leads I use now. I haven't bought a lead anywhere else or done my own mailers in almost 2 years now.

Somebody else asked about doorknocking. I do as little door knocking as possible. I hate that with a passion. I only doorknock the ones that don't put a phone number on the lead and I can't locate a phone number for them by any other means. I have a little bit of success when I do have to doorknock, but, that doen't change my mind about how I feel about it. I never go an area just to doorknock. I only do it when I'm already there and I have a no show on a scheduled appointment.

I do get a fair amount amount of referrals. I have never once asked anyone for a referral. I just provide good service, I answer my phone and treat people as I would want to be treated. They seem to like that and tell their friends.

I do not prospect for any other product than FE. The med sups I sell are to my FE clients or from referrals from my FE clients.

The schedule I use came from my other "job". Until 2 years ago, I was a full time horse show competitor that was funded by my insurance sales. I used Mon. and Wed. as my appointment setting days and once the appointments were set, I would spend the rest of those days exersizing and training horses. On Fridays, I would get the horses ready for the week-end and the trailer loaded and the water tanks filled and whatever. We had a full living quarters horse trailer and it was our home every weekend. We would head out on Friday afternoons and we would not roll back back into home until Sunday evening. This was every weekend from Mid April until the end of October. During the winter months we were usually just gone one day a weekend. Horseshowing is not a hobby, it's a lifestyle.

I retired from competittion at the end of '07. I kept my schedule because it worked so well for me. If I were starting out now, I would probably try to make calls on Sat morning for appointments on Mon. There is nothing like getting out there on Mon. morning and getting business under your belt to start the week. I just haven't seen a need to change what has worked for me.

The key to being able to do things the way I do is the constant flow of leads that I get from EFES. Whatever I ask for, whether it's 15 or 20 per week, it's there in my mailbox on Sat. morning without fail. I don't have to do the Tues./Thurs. thing anymore since I'm not horseshowing. I have continued it because it's my routine. I will go outside my schedule for a referral that's not in the area I'm working that week. I went and sold a $1500 ap policy yesterday from a referral and it was away from where I was going today. I may go see one tomorrow afternoon that's outside the area I'm working on Thurs.

The secret to selling FE is that there is no secret. Everybody is looking for the "thing" that makes a difference. There is none. My schedule may not work for others and other's schedule may not work for me. The team I'm on has the best FE agent in world as part of it. He is on our conference calls every Fri. He did over $400,000 ap in '09 and he is over $100,000 already this year. I can't do things the way he does nor do I work my shedule the way he does. I have learned bits and pieces from him and use parts of his stuff in my work. Hoosierdaddy is also our team. I can't do things the way he does, but, I have learned parts of how he does does things and use them everyday. We have one guy on our team that almost exclusively doorknocks and he does just about the same production that I do. I beleve there is $4000-$5000 difference in our production year to date.

Lots of ways to skin this cat, it's not a one trick act.

JD thanks for the post.

I am finding that knocking on doors un-announced with a lead card is not very productive, here in NJ.
I am having better success at calling and setting appointments via the phone.

What about setting appts on Saturday for Mon and Tues? Do you think that would work or do you think seniors might forget that far out?

No magic script exsist.. Find a way to get at least 15 leads a week and your pipeline will be full like JD's and every other big producer. That is not what you wanted to hear most likely, but that is the truth.

I would never set an appointment for more than 48 down the road. Prime example, I called a lead on Monday and they said I can not meet with you until Wednesday, I was very hesitant to this, since I knew they would most likely not be home.. So I drive out there yesterday along with seeing my other appointments and what happend you guessed it not home.. However all was not lost, the neighbor was outside and asked me "what are you selling" I replied Life Insurance and I wrote her on a 1200.00 annual premium.

Even though I still came out ahead, I would never call an appointment on Saturday and schedule for Tuesday. I always call in the evening and schedule for the next day.

Latest posts

Back