Final Expense

If you are going to sell over the phone, it only makes sense to figure out how to generate your own leads via the internet. But, keep in mind that internet leads are generally going to be interested in more insurance than your average senior that has never seen the internet.

If you are going to sell over the phone, it only makes sense to figure out how to generate your own leads via the internet. But, keep in mind that internet leads are generally going to be interested in more insurance than your average senior that has never seen the internet.

Internet leads are terrible for FE. Maybe better for Term. I work Direct Mail leads over the phone with good results. Dialer leads (pre-Sept.) were also good as well as TV leads. It's not the lead (except internet leads)...it's the AGENT doing the PRESENTATION and CONVERSATION over the phone with the prospect....just like it is face 2 face.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Id like to know more about a phone sales FE program.
Please contact me at [email protected]

Call me 252-292-3350...Greg.

Last edited:
Greg knows what he is talking about when it comes to phone sales; however, the little experience I had selling over the phone while working internet leads, I found that I had to have competitive products. I found that you have to have a fully underwritten whole life and UL to offer. Also, I found a non med convertible term to work well too.

The internet crowd is a higher income bracket and usually want more insurance... so you have to tailor you FE to fit this need.

If you are able to figure out how to generate your own leads online, then why not do that instead of paying $25-$35 per lead.

Adapt your products to your leads, rather than your leads to your product.

Leads are the hardest part about this business so I figure if you have the wherewithal to figure out a website that generates leads, then you should consider it because you can burn through a lot leads, fast, when selling over the phone (especially if you aren't that good).

Last edited:
If it was easy to build a website that would actually attract life insurance prospects to it then everybody would have one. Matrixdirect supports their website with lots of radio and tv ads, and an 800 number. ehealthinsurance has put massive amounts of time energy and money into building their web presence.

There are companies out there with deep pockets who are doing it, so as a mere individual agent I don't have the resources to spend the money developing online marketing. The good news is that you can buy leads from those who have the resources, so why not do that?

Forethought is a good product. I worked for Restland Funeral Home in Dallas for a time and was selling Forethought preneed services. Most of the customers were a bit older , some in their 60's and 70's. I liked the idea of it, but it is a whole life policy and so, a bit pricey. But, it is a good company
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We were cold calling at Restland as well. The manager provided the leads. I am not sure of the lead generator. Think it must have been the internet. Anyway, it is really funny, I had no problem getting the appointments... sometimes I would get 12 a week. Tried it at Allstate and hardly ever get an appointment. I can only say that with FE, the custormer wants an upbeat person who will kind of joke about this uncomfortable topic. Anything to show that FE is not really that morbid.With insurance, I find that people will stay with their old insurance company, even if you have the better rate. maybe their agent is an old friend, maybe they have been with the certain insurance company for 100 years . Things like that.

So, if ya'll do have any suggestions for cold calling for insurance other than FE, please let me know.

thanks.

Last edited:
If it was easy to build a website that would actually attract life insurance prospects to it then everybody would have one. Matrixdirect supports their website with lots of radio and tv ads, and an 800 number. ehealthinsurance has put massive amounts of time energy and money into building their web presence.

There are companies out there with deep pockets who are doing it, so as a mere individual agent I don't have the resources to spend the money developing online marketing. The good news is that you can buy leads from those who have the resources, so why not do that?

I didn't say it was easy. I said, "if you have the wherewithal to do it."

It's actually not that hard or expensive to have a website that generates leads.

It's just a matter of knowing what to do.

I have a friend that is an independent agent and he can he generates 30 leads a week off his website and doesn't pay for any expensive google ads.

He's just a computer geek ;)

I didn't say it was easy. I said, "if you have the wherewithal to do it."

It's actually not that hard or expensive to have a website that generates leads.

It's just a matter of knowing what to do.

I have a friend that is an independent agent and he can he generates 30 leads a week off his website and doesn't pay for any expensive google ads.

He's just a computer geek ;)
If he is actually doing that I'd like to talk to him. Can you provide contact info?

Too many variables for a direct answer. My first question would be, where are the leads coming from? Internet leads, mailers, non-responders to a mailer, phone book?

Back