Final Expense

If you are talking about cold calls , then I would recommend getting out and about and talking to people in person. This is the season that people are out on the porch looking for company.

if you plan on doing enough activity to get 20 presos a week you should definately be able to write 3 apps even "green".
Once you know what you are doing a little more (forgive me for assuming you green, just guessing from your question) you should be able to close 50% or better.
I hope that you have some training from whoever you contract with or else it can be pretty frustrating as far as closing on F.E. Just make sure you have at least 5 responses down pat to the "I want to think about it" objection.

How many calls on average does a newbie need to make to write 3 apps a week in the Final Expense market?

If you truly want to evolve from being a newby... My advice would be adopt the "Mind Set" that you will make as many calls as it takes to sell 3 policies. (Or whatever your goal is)

You must be committed to doing whatever it takes... Whether it's only 3 calls, or you have to make 3,000 don't stop until you reach your goal.

If you want to succeed in FE you must let the drive to achieve your goals determine your activity (regardless to what extent you have to work) What I have seen with new agents who do not make it, is they only want to do X amount of activity, and they let the results (sales) fall where they may. This business is up and down and if you do the same amount of "activity" each week some weeks you will hit your goal, but some weeks you will not.

Some weeks you will work really hard, and some weeks you may be done in one day, but hitting your goal each week must be your driving force before you stop!!!

Just my thoughts... Good Luck

If you truly want to evolve from being a newby... My advice would be adopt the "Mind Set" that you will make as many calls as it takes to sell 3 policies. (Or whatever your goal is)

This is very well said. I'd add to this - if you do reach your goal (daily, weekly, or whatever) that's the time to immediately push on. Use that positive momentum to knock or call the next one.

Hoosier Daddy's goal is $50,000 in premium weekly.

And he usually reaches it by noon on Tuesday.

You must be committed to doing whatever it takes... Whether it's only 3 calls, or you have to make 3,000 don't stop until you reach your goal.

If you want to succeed in FE you must let the drive to achieve your goals determine your activity (regardless to what extent you have to work) What I have seen with new agents who do not make it, is they only want to do X amount of activity, and they let the results (sales) fall where they may. This business is up and down and if you do the same amount of "activity" each week some weeks you will hit your goal, but some weeks you will not.

Some weeks you will work really hard, and some weeks you may be done in one day, but hitting your goal each week must be your driving force before you stop!!!

Just my thoughts... Good Luck

Very Well Said!!! That is good preaching there!!

I'd add to this - if you do reach your goal (daily, weekly, or whatever) that's the time to immediately push on. Use that positive momentum to knock or call the next one.

I have a different opinion than that, and I will tell you why. I think it is important to have a stopping point. This will enable you to maintain that 'eye of the tiger' Mind Set to achieve your goal.

If you sub consciously know that regardless if you hit your goal on Wednesday, you are still going to work Thursday and Friday you will find that you will loose the intensity of your work ethic in the beginning of the week because you will start to "sub consciously" pace your work week. And then you will evolve right back to where you started trying figure out how you ran out of days of the week and not achieved your goal.

It is kind of like the factory workers that can "make rate" and be done for the day. You need a point where you can celebrate, and recharge your self for next week.

P.S. LOL Newby... Would'nt that be nice... To make that kind of money I would have to work under you... If I had your money I would throw mine away...

Too many variables for a direct answer. My first question would be, where are the leads coming from? Internet leads, mailers, non-responders to a mailer, phone book?

"Variables"? Lol you should say theories. Work on your technique. Only you can find your individual technique.

Sales technique is something that works differently person to person. Just get the facts on your product and be passionate about helping your customer.

Hope this helps.......

I have a different opinion than that, and I will tell you why. I think it is important to have a stopping point. This will enable you to maintain that 'eye of the tiger' Mind Set to achieve your goal.

If you sub consciously know that regardless if you hit your goal on Wednesday, you are still going to work Thursday and Friday you will find that you will loose the intensity of your work ethic in the beginning of the week because you will start to "sub consciously" pace your work week. And then you will evolve right back to where you started trying figure out how you ran out of days of the week and not achieved your goal.

It is kind of like the factory workers that can "make rate" and be done for the day. You need a point where you can celebrate, and recharge your self for next week.

P.S. LOL Newby... Would'nt that be nice... To make that kind of money I would have to work under you... If I had your money I would throw mine away...

Two great posts... Excellent advice. Case closed. Too often we (myself included) look for the short cut. The short cut is hard work, clear goals, and lots of learning from others with a hint of ingenuity of your own.
Again, great posts, Thanks!

Back