Final newbie decision. Captive for NYL!

By the way, Who do you know that would like to make an extra $1000 or more a
month part time helping people protect and invest in their families?
Go to *(url deleted)* for more details.

Attitude + Activity = Success
"Optimism is Essential"
Jim G*****

Haha... they are ALWAYS recruiting. Goes to show that they care more about recruiting than about actually selling insurance! :D

Finished!

Finally done with class and now I have to take exam on Monday. I'll let you know how it goes. Lots of info to study.

- - Met some interesting people trying to get into the business. So many different backgrounds and so many different classes of people. Interesting.

I think this field attracts a lot of losers that think they can make it big their first year by sitting at home in their underwear and sipping tea. But then again, I think sales attracts those kind of people anyway.

- - Looking forward to busting my tail in this industry. Probably not until next May though. For now, I'm just interning. (Which is code for "learning and not actually producing a whole lot.") That's okay. For now, I see my license I get on Monday (providing I pass the test) as a "license-to-learn." So that when I do go full time, I will have a small book of clients I have earned over the past year and some product knowledge to go along with it!

Chow!

I'm taking a job with NYL too. I just took the exam last Friday and aced it, so I'm excited about getting in there and selling!

This is a completely different change in careers for me. I'm a Registered Nurse who's been in sales for the past 2 years. I was looking for a pharmaceutical sales job when NYL came calling.

I've already informed some of my patients and clinics that I'll be calling on them.

I can't wait to get started!!

Good luck on the exam and NYL ;)

Congratulations Gypsie! You sound like you are going to be a great asset to the company.

KenDog, good luck on your exam. With such a positive attitude you are bound to succeed.

Passed Baby!

Passed my Exam! 82%. ;)Actually, it wasn't that hard at all. I went back to NYL and filled out all the paperwork. I hope I can make some money by December at this! (I will be splitting commissions with the agent I am under. . . and I can only work after 5 pm. I hope it works out! (Please tell me if this is realistic!)

Passed my Exam! 82%. ;)Actually, it wasn't that hard at all. I went back to NYL and filled out all the paperwork. I hope I can make some money by December at this! (I will be splitting commissions with the agent I am under. . . and I can only work after 5 pm. I hope it works out! (Please tell me if this is realistic!)

Congradulations! Just one thing? What is this 5pm thing?

Well. . . .

I am currently on a contract agreement with the University I work with and I have to work from 8-5 everyday during the summer, and work 28 hours a week during the school year. I know this is not real life work for the insurance industry, but I need a second job and want to utilize after I graduate in May. I hope the agent I will be under can have stuff for me to do after 5 pm.

Congratulations KingEdgars!

I look forward to sharing with each other our experiences. Are you going full time??? What is the compensation like for you?

Back