Florida Appointment Help Needed

I am on the west coast. Aetna, Assurant, Avalon, AvMed, UHC (GR), Blue (for group), and Humana are who I am most interested in selling for. Unless you have other sugesstions.

What? You only get charged back the portion of unearned advance. So if you take an Assurant advance of $1,200 and the client cancels after 6 months of premiums were remitted you get charged back $600 - not $1,200.

To answer...No. I would get a $1,200 chargback in this instance.

I have only been there for three months, but this is what I hear. I have to verify this to be sure before I mis-speak. I have to check my contract (which I don't have a copy of) and will get back to you. However, I am certain the verbal statements I have heard, this is true.

I can assure you there is no system in place through any Assurant channel where you're charged back the entire premium. The only way you're charged back the entire premium is if the deal lapses before the 4 month mark. After that you'll only get charged back for the unearned advance.

100% positive.

Ok, now let me ask you...I know Assurant pays 20-25% commish, but I currently receive only 15% commish which will be increased to 17% tops. Concerning overrides, do you think management is taking my additional 5-10% commish plus overrides or is the additional percentage the override.

You're getting hosed. Your management is from 25% to 33% depending on if they're a GA (25% to 30%) or MGA - however in all fairness MGA need their own admin so they have expenses GA's don't have.

At 25% they're stroking 10% off you so in return you'd better be getting something like free leads. Absolutely you are NOT charged back from Assurant if a deal falls off the books - only the unearned advance.

Do you get paid direct from Assurant or from your agency?

More than likely the GA is getting 25% from Assurant. They pay you whatever they pay you - and keep the difference.

How do you sell it? I do a lot of health cases here on the West Coast, and I haven't found them competitive for three years...

Do you get paid direct from Assurant or from your agency?

I get paid directly from the MGA, not my agency where I work. My agency has a relationship with a MGA. Actually, I do get 15 free leads per week, but I pay $300/mo in office fees which I think is absurd...I am not a hairstylist you know.

How do you sell it? I do a lot of health cases here on the West Coast, and I haven't found them competitive for three years...

My leads are all older people with no kids on a dependants and are self-employed. I can sell a $5,000 ded with no problem. Also I elaborate on the 3 year rate guar., $25million lifetime, A Rating, select solutions, etc.

My leads are all older people with no kids on a dependants and are self-employed. I can sell a $5,000 ded with no problem. Also I elaborate on the 3 year rate guar., $25million lifetime, A Rating, select solutions, etc.

I'm glad to see you're getting away from this, as it's not in the best interest of the client. I think I know who you are with here in Tampa Bay.

I sell $5,000 deductibles to the same kinds of people. Assurant premiums are DOUBLE what other companies are. Just as high ratings. 3 year rate guarantee is worthless when you are starting with a 100% higher premium!

$25 million lifetime...is that a typo?

Back