Former WFG Agent - Should I retire?

it is the only business model that will earn you a pretty darn good living if you are in the right organization.
And yet studies indicate that 99.7% pursuing MLM dreams actually lose money. And the 0.30% making any sustained income remain year over year, which means the chances of anyone joining now and repeating those accomplishments is statistically 0%.

The reality at the end regardless who you know it’s up to the individual to grow your team by recruiting.
And yet if you recruit 5, who recruit 5 who recruit 5......and repeat that process 13 levels, you will have exceeded the entire population of planet Earth. And lets face it, a large number of those you try to recruit have already experienced the dream, and have told 5 friends who told 5 friends and will run, not walk away.

Do you make a living on insurance?
Based on this discussion it would appear everyone agrees that those making a sizeable living in MLM are doing so by marketing in, rather than working in, the industry. No different than a rock band that works the MLM convention circuit.

Wino it is about an opportunity. For me it was about a here and there sale. That is how the system is designed.

That is another separation that seems to be not really considered here which I understand because most are full-timers.

What's different today is a different mindset and comfort level. As for the recording what really hit was when he mentioned not everyone is driven and he changed his business plan to work with the motivated.

As for why would anyone follow me? I would say don't. I have just introduced others to others and let them make a business decision. Once I was even talking to someone from here and during the conversation I found out the person was looking more towards FE so I referred that person to a FE agent in this board. I don't know long term how it worked out but I do remember the thank you from both parties I got.

Thanks for the best wishes and of course back at ya.. This back and forth went in many directions and I hope those who are reading it learned a few things pro or con..

Thanks toolbelt of course we can agree to disagree..

I was giving up on this thread but toolbelt just called me back..

Toolbelt. Is that all you took from the interview? The system like it or not is generating per the interview about $3 million annually.

Will it be like that for all even he said no. But for many the system works and is working. Of course not for all at that level but it can work..

Now of course he isn't talking lotions, potions and secrets from the ocean..

Thanks for the debate. Like a beer summit without the beer. Go Cowboys..

I was giving up on this thread but toolbelt just called me back..

Toolbelt. Is that all you took from the interview? The system like it or not is generating per the interview about $3 million annually.

Will it be like that for all even he said no. But for many the system works and is working. Of course not for all at that level but it can work..

Now of course he isn't talking lotions, potions and secrets from the ocean..

Thanks for the debate. Like a beer summit without the beer. Go Cowboys..
Everybody has to eat, but tell recruits the full story instead of inferring that those top incomes come strictly from product sales and overrides to the general public because in all honesty, thats what recruits are signing up for. As for lotions, potions and secrets from the ocean, that isn't whats being offered, but rather the opportunity to financial independence. Its selling the dream.

That is another separation that seems to be not really considered here which I understand because most are full-timers.
The policy average includes both full and part-timers. But, if you're going to discount the lowest performers because they don't truly reflect the value of the Opportunity, then you must also discount the top earners incomes for the very same reason. After doing so, you are left with a group earning between $0 and possibly $1000, before expenses.

There is nothing wrong with wanting more in life. It ok to be slick and tired of the 8am to 5pm job. There is nothing wrong chasing your dreams and goals in life. WFG will tell you their business can do this for you. You get pumped, you get excited, you want the 100K ring, you want to be like the top performers making lots of money, you like the positive energy, you like the loud music before the meeting begins, you like feeling part of a positive club. The reality is only a few will make a living at WFG while you spend a lot of money attending, conventions, regional meetings each month. All this money goes to the top producers.

Just make sure you dont spend too much time chasing your dream at WFG. You want to make sure your time is spent wisely. You do not want to go into debt driving across the state attending conferences to tell you the same thing over and over. Good luck everyone!
Great exchanges!

Back