Getting Back in the Health Business - Need Advice

Even if commissions doubled (if Obamacare is done), it won't matter in the long run if they don't fix the system. I don't think it will be affordable to many of the ones it has been if they can't contain costs. Any commission of something that many can't afford will put a lot of agents out of business.
Insurers are not just sitting back waiting on the government to fix things, read this.
Health Plan Charges Up To $1,000 More For ‘High-Cost’ Hospitals | WBUR

you should really think about the individual health insurance decision. with the new health care bill being passed, most of the carriers I know have cut commissions way back. the law says that 80 or 85% of premium has to be paid in benefits, and you know where insurance companies cut expenses, in commissions. while this new law is not in effect yet and I think it looks like it will get changed or eliminated from its current form, it is going to be tough to earn a living selling health insurance.

Rick is our resident motivational speaker.
Since we brought him on we have only lost a few agents due to suicide.:laugh:

Thanks for all the encouragement Rick. However changes bring new opportunities.

Yes! There will be new opportunities but you have to be able to recognize where they are and what they are. That is not clear to anyone at this time.

Back