Getting Started, Need Advice.

HoosierLife

Automate Appointments https://agentautopilot.com
5000 Post Club
Ok just got licensed and have somebody I'm working for/with. He has got me set up with 5 health and 5 life companies. He says they are the only ones I'll need for awhile. Like Golden Rule, Assurant, Assurity, North American, AIG, Genworth, Aetna and a few others.

He has also got us set up with Norvax and I don't pay anything per month for all their services, ie. CRM, auto-responder, drip, dialer, website, broker office. We can also purchase health leads for $2.80.

This will be a part-time until I make enough money job. I go to school in the morning hours, and am delivering pizzas part time to bank roll this. My wife has a great job.

So I would like to just buy internet leads and work. I've been researching and realizing that I'm going to have to invest in multiple areas. But with the health leads so cheap I don't think I can pass them up. I'm really only looking to make $500/wk for the first year. I have over 10 years of sales exp, and have great phone skills and don't mind warm/cold calling. I am however tired of knocking doors, but don't mind the phones. I will door lock if need be though.

I don't have too much to invest in getting started, maybe $100-200/wk until I get more money flowing in. So:

1. What types of marketing would you invest in?

2. I would like to sell life/annuities mostly in the future, but it seems like it will cost me more to get leads. And I know I need to specialize to learn so should I just hold off on life?

3. If I am going to sell health, my MA suggests we offer almost everybody 3 options and let them pick which works for them. IE. Major Med alone or with CI and/or Accidental. Call them the Silver, Gold, Platinum plans. This seems to work for him, and honestly I believe I can sell anything, I just hope this is a good strategy.

4. If this is the way I go off the start, what do I need to learn as far as product knowledge goes and where do I get it?

5. If I don't mind cold calling, would buying a business list and sell to small businesses be a good plan? What would I need to learn to do that?

6. I've read that PPC and SEO don't work well with norvax sites. What do I do? Get another site?

7. Do you have any other advice?

I hate to bump this, but can any veterans answer any of these questions?

I'm assuming not exclusive. We get them from norvax.

Last edited:
I haven't read anything good about quote wizard.

I haven't had any success in purchasing leads online. Online leads seem to always be sold to 150 other agents. No exclusivity whats so ever.

Back