Ghost Town Reform Forum

@FLM: those are real numbers except we need more to offset the high claim people . 90% are undressed $5,000 which means the HDHP plans pay nothing except the wellness visit for most people. I look at them as a self funded plan with a $5,000 spec x2 family agg. Wellness was put in by the carriers because it gives them data and reduces claims. I hear ignorant politicians complaining about free anything including condoms. Kids **** a lot but it takes a long time to run through $5k in condoms or $500k for a premee. Cheaper to buy the raincoat.

@Ann, 2018 will be worse for those over subsidy level. We're looking at a 40% or higher renewal after a 60-100% renewal last year. There are no even decent alternatives and less options than last year. The real pisser is that any congressman could pick up the phone and talk to any carrier to get info on what needs to be done.

How do you find the carriers names?

You guess. Its based on either states that have already requiring filing or last years companies, eliminating/adding based on announcements for 2018.

In Texas, Prominence pulled out, so those counties show 1 carrier.

Oscar is going to Austin this year, so that county shows 4 (up from 3).

FYI-the blue map thats floating around, produced by Bloomberg, isn't accurate.

2018 will be a repeat, with more carrier compression. Especially, off exchange.

We need to hold EHB, pre ex for no MEC and give the carriers stop loss at $50K (I think. 100K? I'm not an actuary!) on individual plans.

DC has done nothing for 2018. And I doubt anything will be done at all until after the midterms.

Last edited:
doubt anything will be done at all until after the midterms

Obamacare will be a smoldering mess by then. Regardless of what happens in 2018, and I really don't care any more, it will be 2019 before we have Medicaid for all. (Except those who are on Medicare, VA, FEHB or group).

Obamacare will be a smoldering mess by then. Regardless of what happens in 2018, and I really don't care any more, it will be 2019 before we have Medicaid for all. (Except those who are on Medicare, VA, FEHB or group).

Which means Scott is going to be insufferable with those 2 person groups....

;)

anyone can form a LLC......HAHAHAHAHAHA

Unfortunately can't write husband/ wife with anything less than full C Corp in TN. Most of the loopholes are gone. Quickest way forward is for every congressman to enroll and pay the full premium taxable and unsubsidized. They need to feel the pain.

Are there any decent associations or religious plans that have been found?

In TN going to be BCBSTN for most of the state. I don't even want to think about the rate increases they will be asking for to get them to expand back into the greater Knoxville area.

I hear Oscar is coming into the greater Nashville area, don't know if it is on-ex though. The counties in upper East TN with 2 carriers would be Blue Cross and Cigna I believe.

Back